I had to actually work this week

I have had a really busy week :open_mouth:
Leave home 3.00pm sunday, deliver Ben & Jerry, St Albans, home for tea, down to NYC and 10 hours off. Monday afternoon I left after my break with another Ben & Jerry load and came home for a 12 hour break, down to NYC again and another 10 hour break, then yet another Ben & Jerry load and home again for another 10 off. Thursday I left home at 02.00am to collect a reloaded trailer, delivered Bordentown NJ, then back to NYC for another 10 off. Today (friday) load and deliver Morningstar dairy in Delhi, NY (pronounced DEL -HIGH). Strange trip through the Catskill mountains. Route 28 was snow covered from Kingston to Pine Hill then at the top of the mountain near Andes (3,450 feet) it was in the 50’s and raining. It turned to snow before I finished delivering and was a blizzard on my way up I-88 to Albany.
I covered 2485 miles this week.

According to the trip computer on my dash I have covered 4376miles since I left the yard last Saturday, needless to say, I haven’t been hanging around, I’ve had to move my seat forward a notch so I can push the throttle down further :laughing:

I left Saturday, tipped Canton, Ohio on Monday, picked up a pre loaded trailer in Canton, back to the yard Tuesday night, had a night at home, left Wednesday afternoon and tipped Batesville, Mississippi and reloaded in Memphis, Tennessee this morning (Friday) I’m now parked on the Missouri/Iowa line until Sunday as my book is now full (69.75hrs) and I need a reset :cry:

Mind you this is my first week back after the Xmas break, so it’s about time I did some work :wink:

Stuff a stoat ! … reminds me of the few months I spent O/O.
Rich (Longwayround) is comming back to work for us in about 2 weeks so our joint stints at the Broadway Diner will be back. :slight_smile:

A lot less willy waving from me :laughing:
Went out Monday to Medicine Hat,then Taber and 2 drops in Lethbridge AB,empty back to Regina.Swap trailers,reload,then Melville ,Yorkton and Saskatoon.Back to Regina,swap trailers again,couple of local drops,reload for Culbertson MT and Williston ND.
Home again Thursday in time for supper,that’s me finished until Tues for another 4 days of hell, :laughing:

I called into work this morning and during a chat with one of my bosses about how fantastic I am :laughing: I learned that I’ve hit the half million mile mark already, I started in October 2008 so I’ve only been here three years, if you take out the two months when I was back in England, not a bad total when you think about the fact that we get paid by the mile, works out to almost $200k in the bank when you consider that so far I’ve got most of my tax back too :sunglasses: