I had a nice surprise when i got home

Well im not sure it was nice but it was heartwarming, Im usually home for between 13:00 and 16:00 usually 16:00 at the latest, anyway the other night with them stupid chairs i had to move ( see moving load) i got home a lot later than expected about 19:00, and parked the car by my house when my 7 year old lad and my 4 year old daughter both came running to me straight in to my arms crying with worry.

My son who is car and lorry mad and has seen a few bad smashes when weve passed them in the car and on telly, was very worried that i might have been in an accident being so late even though i had phoned my wife several times to say it was going to be a late one, they didnt believe her as it was an unusual event .

So theres me stood out in the street with my son and daughter in my arms and tears all over the place and me trying to calm my son down (he was more worried than my daughter), My son had refused to come in the house until i got home and parked the car.

I thought it was a nice feeling that they were thinking of me but i was also concerned what was going on in their minds.

It makes you think eh?.

nice
:smiley:

Brilliant jammy, it shows they understand a lot more than we sometimes give them credit for, bet they were not the only one with watery eyes if the truth were out.

:laughing: :laughing:

And it also makes you realise that every minute that you spend with them,is precious.

Except when they’re teenagers of course!!!

Ken.

The way things are these days, Now “you’ll” have to worry about them sueing you for ‘mental anguish’ or something :laughing:

JAMMYMUTT what wonderful kids you have,
and boy as those who have posted before
grab every moment you can,with your family
as time does not stand still,by the way it must
be worth a extra christmass present for the two.

all the best to you and your family,

must say, my father worries about me until I get home …

and I’m 48!

Quinny:
And it also makes you realise that every minute that you spend with them,is precious.

Except when they’re teenagers of course!!!

Ken.

And as they get older they get even bloody worse, AND, even more expensive.:laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Remember that with the Winter weather soon upon us, there will be a number of drivers who will not be around to be with their families this Christmas. On average, ten people die on our roads every day. Contentiously, often for the sake of ‘backing off a bit’. Hopefully, it wont happen to anyone on here.

Stay safe.

:cry:

Dratt and I thought you were going to say the kids had bought you some Spotlamps and Fog lights for the Truck :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: