I got a job!

managed to get a class 2 job with an agency working at dhl in avonmouth delivering for a well known swedish company. At last I can start getting that experience everyone seems to want lol.

bubsy06:
managed to get a class 2 job with an agency working at dhl in avonmouth delivering for a well known swedish company. At last I can start getting that experience everyone seems to want lol.

Well done :smiley:
Is it 40+ hours a week and could it turn into a permanent one :question:

Well done and good luck

congrats & good luck :smiley:

Good luck mate. :smiley:

Nice one, well done. I’ve been working for an agency for the last 3 weeks since passing class 2 at end of June.

Now I feel very comfortable in the cab so just booked an assesment for c+e.

I’m sure you’ll do the same after a week or 2 of steady driving.

ROG:

bubsy06:

2 man crew 10/11 hours a day mon-fri poss some saturdays. 13 weeks then if they are happy with me they will take me on permanent. I see that they got class 1’s in the yard as well so if I ask nicely they might let me loose in one of those in the future.

bubsy06:

ROG:

bubsy06:

2 man crew 10/11 hours a day mon-fri poss some saturdays. 13 weeks then if they are happy with me they will take me on permanent. I see that they got class 1’s in the yard as well so if I ask nicely they might let me loose in one of those in the future.

NICE ONE :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

Well done and good luck

I was on my way to register with as many agencys as I could today but as soon as I got to cardiif I had the phone call so went to meet him and got the job :laughing: :laughing:

let me guess bright yellow 14ton demountables multi dropping flat pac furniture, i hope you are strong and fit mate as some of that stuff is bloody heavy and you can guarantee that the heaviest biggest awkward item will be on the top floor with no lift! you will pobably find that the turn over of drivers is massive due to the nature of the work and the pay rate is better on agency than going full time, anyway you might like it but most people just use it to get the experience before moving on to something better, good luck.

yep just using it for experience, I got my class1 but no-one will take me on so just took what I can I aint gonna get experience sat at home lol. it is hard work and sods law if the stuff is light the customers house is right by the road and they want it on theground floor if it is heavy usually have to park on road and house is up a long drive and they want their stuff on 2nd or 3rd floor.

Congrats on the job
when I lived in Glasgow I did flat pack deliveries for MFI used to do between 15 and 30 drops a day depending on wether you were local or on distance ,then went on to doing the same job for Ikea

amazingly youd sometime get tips from the customers and it was always from those who looked like they couldnt afford it

the hardest bit was ■■■■■■■ heavy work surfaces up twisty stairs