I give up!!

Well that’s it then.
A couple of months ago I had a running argument with our office regarding the 6 hour wtd rule. (As was well documented here!) i gave up and told them I wouldn’t say any more about it until I had seen our training officer and clarified the situation.
Today I have had my annual training day and brought up the 6 hour rule and was told that the office were correct and that you must have 30 minutes break after 6 hours work, As we all know on here, that is not what it says in the WTD and I asked him to show me where it says it. I was then told I was reading it the wrong way and that I must work to their interpretation of the rules.
So, a major transport company that is offering training for the drivers CPC can not get the rules right so will therefore be instructing drivers incorrectly.
I wish VOSA would just publish a clear, concise explanation just to make things clear.

davidj247:
I wish VOSA would just publish a clear, concise explanation just to make things clear.

I agree that the next time GV262 is updated it should have diagram type examples like the tacho ones for the RTD

Maybe geebee45 can pass that on…

If you do 6hours, wether its a combo of 3hours driving and 3hrs otehr work or whatever combo you wish as long as you aint over 4.5hrs drive then its deffo 45mins break. You wander how people can be qualified to train people when they dont know themselves yet if you were stopped and VOSA decided to pursue a case aginst you the trainers would prob decline to admit fault.

scottishcruiser:
If you do 6hours, … then its deffo 45mins break

Did you mistake the 4 for a 1 :question: :blush: :wink: - it’s 15 mins

scottishcruiser:
You wander how people can be qualified to train people when they dont know themselves yet if you were stopped and VOSA decided to pursue a case aginst you the trainers would prob decline to admit fault.

It wouldn’t lead to action by VOSA in these circumstances because the trainers who are getting it wrong are doing in favour of more break than is required, they are saying 30 minutes when only 15 are required. Except in odd circumstances having more break than is required won’t contravene the regulations

the trouble with some trainers is that there read the regs as written so when the look at the regs and see this

1. 3 hours driving + 2 hours period of availability + 3 hour other work triggers a break
    requirement under the Regulations (30 minutes in this case). Another 1½ hours of driving =
    4½ hours driving, requiring a 30 minute break under the European drivers’ hours rules. Again,
    this is because the second half of a split break taken under the European drivers’ hours rules
    (which always takes precedent) must be at least 30 minutes long. Daily break = 60 minutes.
    NB If all the conditions for a break are met, then a driver could take his mandatory break
    during the PoA.

and as i have been pointed out by some good guys on here is that (I) there tend to just read what there see and leave it at that rather than reading it like it says here

if your working hours total between 6 and 9 hours, working time should be interrupted by a
break or breaks totalling at least 30 minutes,

which is the mistake i made and it took me 30 plus post to see my mistake :blush: