I feel like writing letters to DVLA today :-)

So tell me, what do you think? :slight_smile:

Dear DVLA Swansea.

At the beginning of my letter I would like to express my happiness and excitement that I have chance to play my part in fight with unemployed in South Wales. On most occasions I have to deal with your institution I have chance to keep you busy by sending the documents back and forward until I will have it as it should be.

This is also the case this time. I sent you my old V5C registration document to inform you about a change in address of registered keeper. That keeper is me, and I am the only one. I am a first registered keeper of this car.

To my great surprise, when the new V5C arrived (in bright red, propably to make me more aware about mistakes you made this time) I found that I am now the second registered keeper who recently obtained this car from the first registered keeper. To my great surprise the previous keeper’s name and surname is exactly the same like mine and he lives at my old adress.

At the beginning I was suspecting that maybe that another [my name and surname] is some evil version of me from the parallel universe, then I started to be worried that this other me is actually the good one who still leaves at my old home with my ex-partner and this is me who’s the bad guy here. That path of thinking started to be really disturbing. But finally, after lot of thinking, I rejected both options on the grounds that if I bought (or was given) the car from the other me, I should meet him, and I never met another version of me, nor good, nor evil one. I guess that this is bad news for the theoretical physicists, who still look for a proof of the existence of the Parallel Universes.

But let’s come back to the subject. After considering many other possibilities, of which I will not tell you to keep that letter short, I came to conclusion, that, however unlikely it might look to you, the problem occurred in DVLA and it’s just some kind of human or computer mistake.

Therefore I am just sending you this V5C document back, kindly requesting to put it right if possible. And by that I mean to show me again as a first and only registered keeper in that document. I might have changed my adress, but strangely that did not made me another man. At least as a question of being registered keeper of my car is concerned.

I wish you all happy printing of my new registration document and I hope this time it will take much shorter than these 4 or 5 months it took us to get a provisional entitlement on my British Counterpart License. If that’s impossible, please be aware that I am planning to go abroad in November or on Christmas and I would be glad to have proper registration document by then.

Kindest Regards,

Do I have chance to have my V5C done right this time? :wink:

Chance about like that of snowball in hell.

Great letter love it!

As to the chance of getting in right, I doubt it :laughing:

@ Horace, you need to fix the ton of spelling mistakes and grammatical errors otherwise it will go straight in the bin. I had to read it twice to make sense of it so you’ve no chance of the DVLA wallahs reading it.

Rob K:
@ Horace, you need to fix the ton of spelling mistakes and grammatical errors otherwise it will go straight in the bin. I had to read it twice to make sense of it so you’ve no chance of the DVLA wallahs reading it.

Well, at least you can make sense of it after reading it twice… So I am still better than them, as my V5C makes no sense at all :smiley:

EDITED: But you are right! I have chance to fight unemployment even more! This is official goverment istitution, so as a Polish person, I have right to ask for free interpreter/translator as obviously my English skills aren’t sufficient to be understanded :smiley:

Did you send it to the right department? You may have caused this yourself. IIRC the change of address notification goes to a different address than the change of keeper, so if you sent to the change of keeper address then regardless of what new details/location you put it, the previous owner count with go up by one. I remember reading something about this some years ago - someone claiming they worked for swansea.

The address is the same, but usually the post code will be different by 1 letter.

Rob K:
Did you send it to the right department? You may have caused this yourself. IIRC the change of address notification goes to a different address than the change of keeper, so if you sent to the change of keeper address then regardless of what new details/location you put it, the previous owner count with go up by one. I remember reading something about this some years ago - someone claiming they worked for swansea.

The address is the same, but usually the post code will be different by 1 letter.

I send it to the adress as advised.

Anyway, if they work in some departament they don’t need to read anything that lands on their desk? It is really about mechanical click on the screen and printing replacement? So we can save a fortune by employing a trained monkeys and paying them in bananas :slight_smile: