I.E.7

Has anyone else tried this yet?, ive been using it a few weeks now its hard getting used to tabbed browsing but it looks quite good and seems a lot faster than the last one.

I run IE7 and Firefox.

Firefox is much much better as you can have extentions that can do clever things like automatically copy text, update weather in taskbar and even run IE7 in a tab for those programs designed to work better in IE7.

Firefox does not have as many security issues too.

Best of all firefox is FREE…

I changed to Firefox for a while and hated it. One of the many things I didn’t like about it was the tabbed browsing and as IE7 has now got that too, I shall be sticking with my trusty IE6 which has never given me any bother at all. It just doesn’t feel right not having 30 different browser windows open at the same time. :grimacing:

microsoft finally got round to tabbed browsing ?

I use Firefox - much safer :wink:

and Exploder 6 for websites designed by idiots :unamused: :unamused: :unamused:

are they charging for IE7 ?

No it’s a free download Denis but you need a modern operating system and my Windows 2000 Pro is apparently not good enough (tried it and it spat its dummy out).

Denis F:
microsoft finally got round to tabbed browsing ?

I use Firefox - much safer :wink:

and Exploder 6 for websites designed by idiots :unamused: :unamused: :unamused:

are they charging for IE7 ?

Why is one safer than the other?, What makes I.E. unsafe?.

jammymutt:

GOOGLE

i use to use firefox all the time, once i found out IE7 had nicked ideas from other web browsers i have been using IE7 since.

Im on IE.7 and i must say i quite like this tabbed browsing thing… Makes cutting and pasting etc alot easier. :smiley:

I’ve just installed IE7 and don’t know whether my eyes are deceiving me but doesn’t the writing on the screen look a lot clearer :confused:

As for tabbed browsing, I’m with BT Total Bullsh…erm…Broadband and their customized version of IE6 has had tabbed browsing for a while so I’m used to it.

I’m just feeling my way around it at the moment but so far, so good.

Rob K:
I shall be sticking with my trusty IE6 which has never given me any bother at all. :grimacing:

Correct me if I’m wrong Rob but I thought you installed and tried Firefox because your I’m sure you once said your IE6 just died on you :question:

Yeti:

Rob K:
I shall be sticking with my trusty IE6 which has never given me any bother at all. :grimacing:

Correct me if I’m wrong Rob but I thought you installed and tried Firefox because your I’m sure you once said your IE6 just died on you :question:

Correct, but after the next automatic Windows update it mysteriously came back to life and has been fine ever since, so Firefox was straight out the window. :grimacing:

been using Firefox for a few weeks now, no problems here

Denis F:

jammymutt:

GOOGLE

If you check when this article was done you will see that the dates are all for 2004,it’s now 2006,in 2004 xp was still in it’s infancy and there will always be risk with any op system

f you check when this article was done you will see that the dates are all for 2004,it’s now 2006,in 2004 xp was still in it’s infancy and there will always be risk with any op system

because microsoft software doesn’t have any security holes in it now :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth:

Denis F:

jammymutt:

GOOGLE

or what makes Firefox unsafe

Here’s the best browser you can get, best of both worlds ! :smiley:
msfirefox.net/

Mike-C:
Here’s the best browser you can get, best of both worlds ! :smiley:
msfirefox.net/

MS Firefox 2007 delivers a dramatic boost in the download speeds of online ■■■■■■■■■■■. By utilising a proprietary dynamic algorithm - anything that remotely resembles a ■■■ or a ■■■■ will download up to 10 times faster. Fun at the speed of light!

sounds good to me :wink: :laughing: :laughing:

the main reason why Firefox is safer than IE is that IE is the most popular browser “in the world” ( sorry, a clarkson popped up there) and this means most attacks are written for it :wink: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

oddsodz:

Denis F:

jammymutt:

GOOGLE

If you check when this article was done you will see that the dates are all for 2004,it’s now 2006,in 2004 xp was still in it’s infancy and there will always be risk with any op system

Maybe if the person who posted it had checked i wouldnt be so confused.!!/