I don't mean to gloat but

I have PASSED cat C! yesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyseysyesyeyseyseysyeysyseysyseyesyesyesyeyseyseyseyseyes.

Thank’s to Mr C for pointing me in the right direction, I still owe him for a coffee. I did try to get a bacon butty out of him but alas it wasn’t meant to be :smiley:

Every new driver I met all passed so they are doing something right.

Next is C+E

toodle pip

Well done fella! :smiley:

cheers ears :smiley:

Happy days. Congratulations.

Well done. Congratulations

Pete :laughing: :laughing:

:smiley: :smiley:

It’s worth all the effort just for the fireworks. Cheers all :sunglasses:

Well done chap ! Keep carry on and VIVA C+E :slight_smile:

Great news, congratulations! Can’t wait to start my training and join you in the Cat C brigade :smiley:

Congrats. Any tips for us ones still to do there class c?

richcfc1:

Don’t get nervous and try to treat it as a simple drive out as you would in any vehicle

Be courteous and allow oncoming traffic to pass if near parked cars, don’t try squeeze through like you would in your car.

My biggest problem was speed! Way way too easy to drift over the 40mph on long roads, keep a very close eye on it

And no matter what do not forget your mirrors before you do anything

Look in near side first even when wanting to turn right, I found I had to consciously think to do this as I naturally just look in drivers only in car when turning right, test centre near me ( wetherby - Walton) really keen on this, expect you to check mirrors very regular and always when doing some action such as brake, signalling or changing direction in any way shape or form.

Also cyclists, be very sure you have room and time to pass them safely. I was stuck behind one on a narrow road for two miles doing 15-20mph till had decent place to pass.

And speaking of passing they expect you to look in nearside when passing objects people even if a pedestrian on a pavement to make sure your passed them, so my trainer said. Not sure on that one myself but I kept doing it anyway.

Rest is plan ahead, read the road and traffic so you are able to go if space at roundabouts and junctions rather than stop every time . Be in low enough gear to stop or go as necessary.

Worked for my test anyway!

Best of luck

Plenty of good advice there! Not going to pick at the detail - - it’s pretty good as it is.

Congrats on the pass.

Pete :laughing: :laughing:

richcfc1:

MOD1+2
Practice, practice, practice.

MOD3
All I can say is if you think you use your mirrors alot, your probably not.
Blind spot before pulling away, always.
Plan well ahead.
Ease off accelerator much sooner than you think.
Do not trust car drivers
Reverse is easy peasy so don’t worry about it. Wait till you get in the real world, there will be plenty to worry about then.
Watch out for vehicle restrictions.

MOD4
Plenty of youtube vids to watch and questions from flair training website available for revision.

Above all Enjoy yourself, it’s a great experience!