I dont get it.

All the hate for lorry emmissions. I dont get it.

Apparently all the new euro 6 lorries are super low on co2 emissions as they essentially have a giant box that stores them all. ( forgot what it’s called.)
I done a quick google search and apparently some of these lorries emit less co2 then quite a few cars.

If that’s the case why is there so much hate for lorrie pollution?

Also why is the answer to remove one big lorry and to replace it with hundreds of cars/vans?
Surely if emmission is a problem we should tackle the problem of using convenience drivers.
FREE NEXT DAY DELIVERY
FREE SAMEDAY DELIVERY IF ORDER BEFORE 12PM
FREE TAKEAWAY DELIVERY
FREE 2 MAN DELIVERY
etc…

The shear amount of delivery drivers on the road is staggering. This isn’t help by the likes of Amazon who literally have hundreds of cars in their depots daily just to deliver parcels. I suspect they are all part time.

Surely Sadiq should focus on this?
Mike Ashby made a great point regarding this and said that the internet companies get a 20% tax on all of these cheap deliveries to level the playing field with the high-street. The tax can be avoided though if people select to collect their parcel from a retailer. Which gets people into the high street and vans/cars off the road.

I really think the likes of Argos/JustEat/Amazon and all the other things needs to come to a end. Surely if we want to tackle emissions we need to just end this crap now.
Heck even the Amazon lockers are a good idea as well.

/RANT OVER :stuck_out_tongue:

If I happen to be caught out unexpectedly for the night Just eat can be an excellent service delivering food to wherever I’m parked up [emoji16]

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Surely anything doing multi-drop reduces the number of vehicle journeys by the end consumers?

adam277:

Apparently all the new euro 6 lorries are super low on co2 emissions as they essentially have a giant box that stores them all. ( forgot what it’s called.)
I done a quick google search and apparently some of these lorries emit less co2 then quite a few cars.

Also why is the answer to remove one big lorry and to replace it with hundreds of cars/vans?
Surely if emmission is a problem we should tackle the problem of using convenience drivers.
FREE NEXT DAY DELIVERY
FREE TAKEAWAY DELIVERY
FREE 2 MAN DELIVERY
etc…

The shear amount of delivery drivers on the road is staggering. This isn’t help by the likes of Amazon who literally have hundreds of cars in their depots daily just to deliver parcels. I suspect they are all part time.

Mike Ashby made a great point regarding this and said that the internet companies get a 20% tax on all of these cheap deliveries to level the playing field with the high-street. The tax can be avoided though if people select to collect their parcel from a retailer. Which gets people into the high street and vans/cars off the road.

I really think the likes of Argos/JustEat/Amazon and all the other things needs to come to a end. Surely if we want to tackle emissions we need to just end this crap now.

There is no want to tackle to emissions, it’s just a very handy guise to bring in more taxes.

TheUncaringCowboy:

adam277:

FREE NEXT DAY DELIVERY
FREE TAKEAWAY DELIVERY
FREE 2 MAN DELIVERY
etc…

There is no want to tackle to emissions, it’s just a very handy guise to bring in more 1. taxes.
[/quote]

It’s not tax, it’s a revenue stream.

That’s true.

Demand that everything changes to suit the next and newest “clean” idea then move the goalposts once enough have done it.

Also the few times I have used just eat or a amazon delivery they usually turn up in a 15 year old car/van. :unamused:

My companies just swapped some of our 67 plate euro 6 trucks for some battered 63 plate vehicles to ensure the vehicles running into London are compliant when the new regulations kick in.
It’s definitely improved morale “up north” to see trucks turning up with gaffer tape covering the holes in the body work.

I bought my first and last diesel car shortly before the goal posts moved, its been a good car.

I’ve been reading up a lot about upcoming emission rules and the like and looking at a few companies emission free autonomous vehicles lately and the future is scary indeed. Meet Vera! driver not included :open_mouth: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hKAm8sAkvcg

Sixties boy:
My companies just swapped some of our 67 plate euro 6 trucks for some battered 63 plate vehicles to ensure the vehicles running into London are compliant when the new regulations kick in.

LEZ - what a load of utter crap - pop along the M4 to Heathrow and stand and ■■■■ in the fumes - what do 747’s weigh, around 350/400 tonnes - getting those babies off the blacktop with four paraffin engines is serious pollution.

Every few minutes.

But nobody says a word - my old Mondeo turbo diesel I used to own is the devil incarnate, though.

Pollution, global warming blah, blah - what a fabulous taxation opportunity, heaven sent.

Good point if they was serious they would put a huge tax on short flights to encourage people to use other means.

Look at london city airport destinations…
That should go. Imagine how a big a impact that will have on emissions.
Because you sure as he’ll don’t need to fly from London to Manchester.

adam277:
Good point if they was serious they would put a huge tax on short flights to encourage people to use other means.

Isn’t all aviation fuel tax-free on all international flights?
“The polluter pays”? Apparently only some do.
Putting green beans on planes so we get 'em out of season is insanity.
And emissions in the upper atmosphere, according to some studies, do greater damage than ground level pollution.
But who will vote for a party that promises to make holidays more expensive?

Sent from my SM-G361F using Tapatalk

Socketset:
LEZ - what a load of utter crap - pop along the M4 to Heathrow and stand and ■■■■ in the fumes - what do 747’s weigh, around 350/400 tonnes - getting those babies off the blacktop with four paraffin engines is serious pollution.

Every few minutes.

Amen to that. Those people who shut down the airports with the drones gave the lungs of the locals a bit of brief respite. But despite planes being accepted as almost the worst polluter per mile of any form of transport the mayor of London wanted more airport capacity for more planes.

Conor:

Socketset:

Every few minutes.

Amen to that. Those people who shut down the airports with the drones gave the lungs of the locals a bit of brief respite. But despite planes being accepted as almost the worst polluter per mile of any form of transport the mayor of London wanted more airport capacity for more planes.

If they were really serious they’d do something about all these ghost flights. Flying emty planes simply to keep landing slots open? How much unnecessary pollution do they cause?

adam277:

From there to Aberdeen comes in handy for me though … :slight_smile: