I don t know if poa extends working time

eagerbeaver:
I can confirm that Stobart trainers have encouraged drivers to put the tacho on POA when stationary in traffic.

Against the law though ain’t it lol

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Yep, a bit like turning a blind eye to drivers pulling their card running out of the Teesport depot.

Which is probably why the TC kicked their arse :grimacing:

JaxDemon:

eagerbeaver:
I can confirm that Stobart trainers have encouraged drivers to put the tacho on POA when stationary in traffic.

They should stick it on break, that would be fine, stobarts sound like they deduct breaks over and above a 45 as well.

They don’t Weeto. The obsession with POA is because they like to rinse you for hours as much as possible.

ROG:

Evil8Beezle:
OP, following on from your previous post where you had 3 reduced weekly rests in a row, I really do think you need to brush up on your regs, and I don’t mean listen to mates that may or may not be right.

The official ones are pretty dry and maybe hard to digest for some, so have a look at this thread…

viewtopic.php?f=5&t=134561
(Muckles quick guide)

If you are having trouble getting to grips with them by reading then I am prepared to PM you my number to do it verbally

Pm me your number rog please thanx graeme

usually core drivers are encoraged to stick it on poa as much as possable to max out working time ( salary )
but many have got wise to this and refuse and then can use sorry cant do that short of time reasoning

and on the other hand agency drivers use poa to cut down on working time to possably work more hours ( hourly pay )

and with the poa thing ie not knowing in advance about delays at depots etc who exactly are you supposed to ask…?
is there an official poa wrangler who designates and records times so vosa can check…? instead of oh the bloke in the office told me

weeto:

JaxDemon:

eagerbeaver:

They should stick it on break, that would be fine, stobarts sound like they deduct breaks over and above a 45 as well.

stobrats only deduct 30 mins a day. :open_mouth: but take full peanuts off the pay. :laughing:

That’s a good reason to scrap it outright. It’s abused by all sides in some form or the other. I entirely agree with the notions set out above though.

(1) Abused by Agency to get paid more hours “by the hour”
(2) Not used by full time salaried, so you run out of 48 hours rather than get run ragged otherwise
(3) Abused by employers to get unpaid hours worked off-book.
(4) Abused by the EU lawyers by making a rule that “looks” friendly for business, “looks” friendly for staff but in fact is a crock of ■■■■■ that serves no one except the fancy EU lawyers when they consequently get engaged to represent yet another claim plaintiff. You won’t see many employers sacking drivers for refusing to work over 48 hours per week, and you won’t see many drivers going over to the EU to work - to retain their yuman rights that are about to be shredded (so we’re told) as a consequence of Brexit.

Let’s all be paid by the hours actually at work (including breaks) - and POA becomes obsolete overnight. Get that done first, and then we’ll be eager to see the 48 hour cap cease! Overtime a-plenty cometh again!
(So says the ex-docket king!) :smiling_imp:

muckles:
The way I see it is POA’s were basically introduced to so employers didn’t have to abide by the 48hours average working week, in other words we’ll make a raft of rules and record keeping to look like we care about workers welfare, but it’ll have no effect on the hours drivers work.

In terms of WTD, time on POA isn’t included in your working time calculations, but neither is time on break/rest,

POA does nothing to extend the hours you allowed to work under EU drivers Hours regs.

What he said!

Thanks to advice I’ve had on here, I won’t be using POA even if the agencies seem to plug it hard… I’ll be using the breaks option. I’d rather keep track of my driving time according to the tacho and not have to do the maths in my head… even if that means ‘abusing’ it a little at times lol.

ROG:
As POA mucks up the driving time breaks in the tacho I recommend not using it unless the company deducts pay for all recorded break time

Im O/D so its even less relevant but i never use it, whenever im standing still it goes on break…

muckles:
The way I see it is POA’s were basically introduced to so employers didn’t have to abide by the 48hours average working week, in other words we’ll make a raft of rules and record keeping to look like we care about workers welfare, but it’ll have no effect on the hours drivers work.

^^^^^^ Agreed.
Furthermore if wealthy national supermarket chains and the like, were made to get their arses into gear and unload you in a reasonable time, there would be no need for poa , but it was much easier to not rock the boat and appease them and devise the poa ■■■■■■■■ instead.
I never use it either it goes on break or work whichever is appropriate at the time.
I just refuse to play their stupid bloody games, if you comply it just encourages them to come up with even more crap like this.

Evil8Beezle:

peirre:

ROG:
I have already done this for one member who has a condition where they are not able to fully comprehend rules in written form

I wonder who that could be?

Shhh, Robroy doesn’t like to talk about it! :wink:

■■■■ ! My secret is out, I get so turned on by all this drivers hours regs stuff, and I often ring up Rog and Tachograph to talk to me about it in a dirty phone call style.
Something like this.

‘‘You naugthty boy you are in the wrong mode, and I am now going to have to punish you for going over your time, you lurrve that Rob don’t you, go on admit it you dirty dirty boy.
Ok you asked for it, I am now going to have to make a manual entry as you have been sooo naughty, and I am going to have to discipline you, you love being disciplined don’t you’’

I highly recommend it…These long winter nights just fly in. :smiley:

robroy:

Evil8Beezle:

peirre:

ROG:
I have already done this for one member who has a condition where they are not able to fully comprehend rules in written form

[zb] ! My secret is out, I get so turned on by all this drivers hours regs stuff, and I often ring up Rog and Tachograph to talk to me about it in a dirty phone call style.
Something like this.

‘‘You naugthty boy you are in the wrong mode, and I am now going to have to punish you for going over your time, you lurrve that Rob don’t you, go on admit it you dirty dirty boy.
Ok you asked for it, I am now going to have to make a manual entry as you have been sooo naughty, and I am going to have to discipline you, you love being disciplined don’t you’’

I would like to point out that private communications are not allowed to be posted on an open forum :wink: :laughing: :unamused:

Lol. I remember as a kid, I would get put over on old lady teachers knee and get spanked for being naughty… I know some people these days who would pay good money for that.

“The David copperfield mode” simple really if the company you are working for don’t insist on you using it then don’t use it…

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Where I’ve just started it’s paid hourly and paid breaks. Poa is used to help keep working time down but also allows overtime if you want it.

Was not really a fan of using POA but after some learning about it I’d be happy to use it to maximise my earning potential.

robroy:

Evil8Beezle:

peirre:

ROG:

[zb] ! My secret is out, I get so turned on by all this drivers hours regs stuff, and I often ring up Rog and Tachograph to talk to me about it in a dirty phone call style.
Something like this.

Consider yourself disowned!

That’s just wrong in so many modes, mainly POA!