I didn't know blind people were allowed to drive

walesonline.co.uk/news/uk-n … n=exchange

Absolutely incredible ain’t it. I wonder how many times that tyres been bounced off a kerb.
Deserves a ban for that.

if the driver was prepared to drive with a tyre in that condition it would be interesting to know what other defects were found on the car.

jakethesnake:
Absolutely incredible ain’t it. I wonder how many times that tyres been bounced off a kerb.
Deserves a ban for that.

Totally agree, double ban if “I didn’t know it wasn’t supposed to be like that” or similar is said.

That tyre is in a bad state, and you would have to be stupid to drive on it. But, whats with the council worker dressed like a policeman with an action man walkie talkie

bristolrob:
That tyre is in a bad state, and you would have to be stupid to drive on it. But, whats with the council worker dressed like a policeman with an action man walkie talkie

Apparently he is a PPO :-

"Derby City Council tweeted: “Good Spot Officer! Whilst on patrol PPO 9712 witnessed this car on a school run.”

I presume that means Pretend Police Officer :question:

Where’s all the usual comments about police scum picking on poor easy target motorists to make money for their Xmas bash rather than out catching burglars?

Or do we actually agree that this copper did a decent job on this one?

He’s not a copper.
He did do a good job, as far as I assume he is allowed to go, but that tyre should have resulted in a fixed penalty / prosecution, which I am assuming, maybe wrongly, he does not have the powers to issue ?

He’s the Policemans equivalent to an agency lorry driver :stuck_out_tongue:

QUOTE: “A car with a tyre covered in large bubbles was pulled to one side when it was spotted on a school run.”

Must have been the kid driving!!

What brand of tyre, Who Flung Dung Rubber Co? :open_mouth:

manski:

bristolrob:

"Derby City Council tweeted: “Good Spot Officer! Whilst on patrol PPO 9712 witnessed this car on a school run.”

Public protection officer employed by the council. So no powers as in police powers.

google.co.uk/amp/s/www.derb … 320001.amp

simcor:

manski:

bristolrob:

Public protection officer employed by the council. So no powers as in police powers.

google.co.uk/amp/s/www.derb … 320001.amp

Just tries to dress like a septic SWAT captain.

Bet he does that ‘hands in the vest’ wannabe hard man stance too. :laughing:

Wales on line reporting about Derbyshire? Quiet news day!