I cant go any faster but i can certainly go slower!

just an update, the so called self appointed transport manager giving advice on driving etc has been silenced…

due to the fact in the space of a week he hit bollard in one truck, reversed into a trailer in another truck and wrote a third truck off!

you can imagine the banter around the yard at the moment … :smiley: :smiley: :laughing:

Brilliant :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Good result,I would write schadenfreude but cant spell the word.

alamcculloch:
Good result,I would write schadenfreude but cant spell the word.

You just did! :laughing:

If I was the OP. I would apply for his non job while he still has it. :stuck_out_tongue:

One month wasn’t long to wait! :grimacing:

kemaro:
just an update, the so called self appointed transport manager giving advice on driving etc has been silenced…

due to the fact in the space of a week he hit bollard in one truck, reversed into a trailer in another truck and wrote a third truck off!

you can imagine the banter around the yard at the moment … :smiley: :smiley: :laughing:

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing: nearly spat a mouthfull of vino rouge over the keyboard.

wher i work is local family run business, builders merchants and timber etc, we a re in a rural part of wales, we have one large depot and 3 smaller ones, i work at one of the smaller ones, we have nine lorries and 5 pick ups in total, im the hgv driver at one of the smaller yards, a few months ago they took on a guy jsut for doing stock runs between branches and cover holidays and sickness over the busy summer period, he says he has come from a long trucking background in the industry and doesnt like how we do things here so has put himself forward as the transport manager!.. he s been sat with the owners of the firm, two brothers and said he can do this that and evrything etc to improve driver efficiency … for the two year i have worked here there has never been an issue, i get on with my day and do what is expected of me and more, trucks are serviced on a six weekly with the local commercial garage, any problems , i take it direct to them and things are sorted… last week the new guy came over to give me and the van driver a talking too, basically told us that there will be job cuts made as it is going to get quieter and what he expects of the drivers, we are all going to be monitered by him and scored accordingly, and this will apparently determine who stays and who goes. I start at 8am , thats what time im paid from but now he wants trucks out the yard by 8 , although some mornings its not ready by then anyway, im expected to be there at 745 to do daily checks , secure load and have tacho in , all in my own time! now if im starting work at 745 then i should be paid from 745 is my argument , thats 5 hours over a month… the other was delivery time sheets he has introduced, leave so and so at 815 arrive at so and so 850, mileage covered, where we are is all a roads so 40mph everywhere, (by law) although admittedly i do travel at 50 on most of the roads , anyway my time sheet has been checked and queried , i have a meeting monday morning with this guy, not the bosses as they are on holiday, he wants to know what has taken me the time to drive from point a to b and why have some deliveries taken 10mins and some 30mins… this should make for a very interesting meeting, he has no national cpc and jsut decided to take on this role, we think to lick ■■■ and hope to keep his job, so like the title of this post suggests i can go slower and will be driving within the confines of the law and see if they decide to lay me off for taking to long then!!!.. dont you just hate interfering c . . . .!

Just tell him “if you can do it better, here’s the ■■■■■■■ keys”

what a knob!..we had 1 like him at my old plc…keep us updated pls

Ask the prick to put in writing that he expects you to get to drops faster than is possible obeying the speed limits.

I’d also get him to put into writing that he wants you in the yard at 7:45 to do vehicle checks unpaid.

Also have you approached your bosses, to see if they really know what’s going on?

My experience of people like this, if they come in and blow smoke up the bosses arse, the bosses are really impressed for a while until they realise it’s all talk. Sadly this realisation sometimes come to late to repair the damage done.

You’ve got to remember that people like this are normally really insecure, they will not have holidays in case something happens they had no say in, they also will make it very difficult for you to talk to the boss without them eves dropping.

Work on that paranoia, talk with other drivers in corners, get them to see you having a meeting with the boss or better leaving a meeting with the boss. Take on thier ideas, but make sure any problems caused by them are put straight back at thier door via the boss.

Of course if they think you are a ring leader causing them trouble then they’ll fight against you and it’s normally dirty. It can do your head in going to work in that situation, but it’s worth it when their World comes crashing down.

keep doing things the way you are, wait til the bosses get back hand in the keys explaining why and leave your number so they can ring you when this ■■■■ has totally forked things up and been shown the door.

In a word VOSA.They should be interested if the guy has no CPC for operators Try to get your work mates involved with the trade union as well.

alamcculloch:
In a word VOSA.They should be interested if the guy has no CPC for operators Try to get your work mates involved with the trade union as well.

They’ll be on a restricted licence, so no need for a CPC Holder.

First things first.

SLOW DOWN. 40mph is the upper limit, dont go above it. When he sees that runs are taking longer this will be questioned, you can reply with “staying within the law, if you want me to go faster please put it in writing”.

By all means start at 0745, but get it in writing first. He wont put it in writing and you wont have to start early and work for nothing.

[zb]s like this need shooting.