I bet its a Tesco RDC

Luckily the food isn’t going to waste, but I wonder how much does.

bloody hell what was the use by date to reject all those pastys :unamused:

my money would be on the new bridgewater morrisons

Did a Stobby miss his slot■■? :smiley:

bit of a kick in the nutz for the bakery that donated em though, saying they will give boxes of em away for a donation then they can purchase more suitable food

zaax:

Food bank receives unusual Cornish present - BBC News

I was hoping it was all going to waste and i was hoping it was all Ginsters !!! :smiley:

I think Morrisons use Crantock Pastys for their hot food counter shelf thingy. Quite why they would turn away a frozen load that is still good for 12 months is very strange. 1,800 won’t be a whole artic load, maybe one pallet.

Bloody ridiculous if you ask me :unamused:

I guess that as the vehicle was late it is the haulier who has to stand the cost.

I would guess that they were being delivered chilled, got rejected, then somebody had the good sense to freeze them so they didnt go to landfill.

zaax:

Food bank receives unusual Cornish present - BBC News

In answer to the question - a lot, possibly £thousands a week for even one large store in stolen and damaged goods. A whole case of jars of sauce say can be flung if there’s broken glass or smeared sauce all over them. Soon adds up.

Look for maggots in the tinned pet food (often) and every evening they bag up the unsold bread and bin the lot. A hell of a lot of makeup gets nicked too.

In a certain company it’s called “WIBI” - would I buy it? And if not, it doesn’t even get reduced, just binned. :wink:

I used to work in a Tesco store years ago, it was a daily routine to send 100s of pounds worth of food down the trash compactor. Id say 80% of it was perfectly edible. Worst offender is the in store bakeries… all the fresh bread has to be sold on the day, any unsold at 9pm gets flung.

All the supermarkets do it, they don’t have any morals when it comes to food waste. Its cheaper just to bin it.

‘Best before’ dates should mean just that… not “unsellable after”.

i once went to nisa at scunny with 26 pallets of foxes biscuits, while there i was on the phone to alix766 he said i bet they knock a couple of pallets back, sure enough when they gave me back my notes 2 pallets to be returned :question: :question: :question: :question: when i questioned it it was because they were 2 near their sell by date … 6 months away, i was on the phone to the company i was on for they couldnt believe they had knocked them back with 6 months :question: sell by. after a lot of to’ing and fro’ing the pallets got accepted. apprently if they knock back part of the load they get a extra 30 days to pay for the load, by this time they had sold the biscuits and can pay for them out of them money made from selling them.

In the ‘early days’ i used to do a bit for Panasonic when the had a warehouse in Bracknell. Container load of tv’s is on the bay with 2 or 3 bosses looking at it. Turns out a couple of the top ones near the corner were wet, so it was unloaded, all the tv’s were unboxed and every single one had a hammer put through the screen!! They said it was cheaper to do that than risk selling them and getting sued for someone being electricuted. And i know one of our depots budget every year to lose at least £3 million through theft & damages etc

Last year I was at Tesco’s RDC at Peterborough and the yard man was dumping 24 pallets of ready to sell cauli’s all wrapped and priced into a skip , as I walked passed to take in my pod’s I asked him what was wrong with them nothing mate they are not selling , but If I took one I would be sacked .

Years ago I drove for a meat company and often a load of sides of pork would be rejected by QC so the driver rings his boss the boss rings my boss they re-negotiate the lower price and the load is accepted.

Fair play to Marks & Sparks, they give all their waste food from the supermarkets to charity, plan A and all that.

Should be illegal to skip edible food.

All our rejected fruit and veg goes to Bristol Zoo, most of the food rejected at R.D.C’s is perfectly o.k usually it’s packaging or the appearance of the product, nowadays we eat with our eyes, what did we do before sell by dates? if it smelled o.k we ate it.

Typically a large supermarket will throw away between £20,000 and £30,000 a week of out of date but edible food.