I am back....7 years late

Yesterday was the first time I drove a Artic for 7 years. Signed up for an agency, the first job they gave was driving a skip truck as a chauffeur. (I don,t know why, they put another driver with me and he did all the skip lifting, it’s a funny old world) Never done skips and won’t do them again, everything and I mean everything was covered in crap, don’t mind getting my hands dirty but skip work takes it to a new level and my boots got muddy!!!.
So second job was a class 1 job, 7 drops round Lancashire,“can you do it?” said the worried agency bloke, “piece of cake” I replied.
Turned up a 7 am usual agency in depth briefing, paperwork, keys, truck is there, go.
The truck was a Daf cf 410 space cab, no doubt nowadays seen as a fleet truck, first thing to trip me up was lifting the grill up could not see them little catches until I had asked someone. Second thing it was an automatic, I knew this because there was a pedal missing!!! but where the hell was the gear selector, asked same guy again who give me the has he a clue this guy look. He pointed to a dial next to the heater control, he did not have to tell how to select forward and reverse but he did, probably thinking he wont have to come back and show me that.
So off we went, bloody hell aren’t trucks nice now, even my fleet Daf was quite smooth hell better than my car. But driving one the first time in 7 years was easy, it was like I had never been away, it all came back, checking the mirrors, position the vehicle on the road, it was just so easy. I thought I would be a bit rusty but no, it was like I had never stopped driving. And as for the 7 drops, piece of cake, just like I said, the warehouse guy asked when I got back if I had brought any drops back, cheeky ■■■■■■■■

Nice when it all goes well :wink: good luck with the rest of your work with the agencies.

I’ve just come back after about the same time and have my first job monday class2 6 legga so I’m told,should be interesting.

glad your day went well.