Hypothetical - Wrong Info on Digi Card manual entry

Never used digi yet, but – if you enter a manual entry wrong, can it be edited/cancelled??

I’d think there was some way to correct a input mistake surely? Cant be absolute?

Idiot guidance please, it must have come up?

TY

Before you end the entering of a manual entry there’s an option to ‘confirm manual entry’.
Once you enter yes to this, the manual entry is confirmed, even if it’s incorrect in some way that you didn’t notice at the time.
And you can’t edit it.

Guess its a case of being extra careful then.

Scenario I’m thinking of was, for example, say done 4.5hrs driving so then go for a break and take card with you.

You come back and put card in and then on manual entry accidently put time as other work rather than break, would that mean you’d have to take another break so that its recorded as a break to stay legal?

Or you go for break but forget to change mode to rest? Does tacho default to rest period ?

These may be stupid questions to the more experienced but I was brought up that there no such thing as a stupid question, only stupidity in not asking if you don’t know!

Rather find out now than fall foul in real life and get pulled/fined for it.

TY

If nobody else is going to drive your truck during your hours leave your card in. Keep it simple.

Most tachos default default to other work when stopped, and automatically change to driving when you move.

If you forget to put on rest, you will need to retake the rest period. Unless you accidentally leave the card in overnight on other work, in that case do a print off in the morning and write on it what happened. Do another print off at the end of that shift too and keep hold of them.

If you remove the card for the break period and do a manual entry and get it wrong by setting it to other work rather than rest, you will need to retake the rest period. You could probably get away with it once by doing a print off and explaining the mistake, but that won’t wash with DVSA very often.

Easiest way is leave the card in for the entire shift and get used to using the mode button!

Just have to be careful then won’t I