hygene

I deliver to a regular place everyday they have a portakabin with one part sectioned off for drivers,so I open the door and as I step in I am hit with very strong B O ,so strong you could virtually taste it it was a European driver,smelt like he had not washed in 3/4 days,absolutely disgusting,no excuse for not washing,i went to open the door but didn’t want to embarrass him so had to suffer it while they sorted his paperwork out,the smell was still there this morning

His body odour is down to East European diet of garlic, onion and spices that comes out the pores in sweat, but saying that I have known UK drivers that never brush their teeth, comb their hair or have a bath or shower, they are like cats when it comes to getting near water.
If you have driven a truck that a driver with hygeine issues, it smells like a badgers armpit.Stale urine smell.

If you ever have the pleasure of going on the Eurotunnel train and getting on the bus to take you to the carriage.In the summer you will know what you smelt was loke a bunch of fresh flowers…

daftvader:
If you ever have the pleasure of going on the Eurotunnel train and getting on the bus to take you to the carriage.In the summer you will know what you smelt was loke a bunch of fresh flowers…

and that’s before you smelled the fish omelette you used to get for your snack… :grimacing:

toby1234abc:
His body odour is down to East European diet of garlic, onion and spices that comes out the pores in sweat, but saying that I have known UK drivers that never brush their teeth, comb their hair or have a bath or shower, they are like cats when it comes to getting near water.
If you have driven a truck that a driver with hygeine issues, it smells like a badgers armpit.Stale urine smell.

near enough

dieseldog999:

daftvader:

and that’s before you smelled the fish omelette you used to get for your snack… :grimacing:

fortunately I don’t do European work or I would risk a slap and say something

What are people’s regimes for keeping cleaning shared cabs before they set off? Some of my ‘colleagues’ evidently have no clue what a bin is and have no sense of hygiene. I recently contracted laryngitis which took 2 months to shake off, and I am convinced I caught it from the germs of a previous driver because apart from my wife and son, my contact with the general public is limited. So I have purchased anti-bacterial wipes and give the cab a good once-over before going anywhere. A bit OCD you might say but I’ll be damned if I’m prepared to be ill for 2 months again just because some dirty employee has sneezed all over the steering wheel.

So I have purchased anti-bacterial wipes and give the cab a good once-over before going anywhere. A bit OCD you might say but I’ll be damned if I’m prepared to be ill for 2 months again just because some dirty employee has sneezed all over the steering wheel.

Not OCD at all mate, I do it with every truck I get behind the wheel of. Even on trucks that are a year or two old, just think how many drivers have had a good scratch down their asscrack then put their hands back on the wheel. Then imagine what evil things lie in wait on the '05/'06 plate trucks!

I carry a little bottle of detol with me as well and give my hands a dowse before eating anything. Also at the end of the shift.

Jesus Christ guys, we are men, other men smell different its a fact of life, yes there are some dirty buggers out there but nothing a pack of wetwipes cant fix. Talk of dettol and disinfectant wipes make me wonder if some of you also need tampons.

Its quite healthy for your immune system to indulge in other folks bacteria once in a while, well thats what I tell my boyfriend anyway.

I’ve weighed up the evidence, taken your argument into consideration, and come to the conclusion…

… I’d still rather be thought of as a bit of a woman than eat some other dude’s ■■■■ :open_mouth:

Fair do’s and each to their own, but any concerns about other males hygiene is verging on gender treachery in my book (admittedly its a very dirty book).

daftvader:

:laughing: i almost forgot about that, glad I don’t do euro work anymore five mins in that bus feels like an hour

Dipper_Dave, I actually get where you’re coming from and I used to think the same, in fact it was a case of “Not many people are as dirty as me so I haven’t got much to worry about!”. After all, what’s a piece of chewed up toast between mates :smiley: Even old germs I’m not overly bothered by, it’s just the REAL filthy ■■■■■■■■ that worry me. I don’t know how long faeces or knobcheese stay volatile for but I know I don’t want that goop in my egg and cress sandwich! :open_mouth:

Javiatrix:
Dipper_Dave, I actually get where you’re coming from and I used to think the same, in fact it was a case of “Not many people are as dirty as me so I haven’t got much to worry about!”. After all, what’s a piece of chewed up toast between mates :smiley: Even old germs I’m not overly bothered by, it’s just the REAL filthy [zb] that worry me. I don’t know how long faeces or knobcheese stay volatile for but I know I don’t want that goop in my egg and cress sandwich! :open_mouth:

why would you want to burgle your pal in trap 2,then insert your wombat into a egg sarnie?..■■? though to be fair,theres something arousing about the thought of it… :wink:

dieseldog999:

Javiatrix:
Dipper_Dave, I actually get where you’re coming from and I used to think the same, in fact it was a case of “Not many people are as dirty as me so I haven’t got much to worry about!”. After all, what’s a piece of chewed up toast between mates :smiley: Even old germs I’m not overly bothered by, it’s just the REAL filthy [zb] that worry me. I don’t know how long faeces or knobcheese stay volatile for but I know I don’t want that goop in my egg and cress sandwich! :open_mouth:

why would you want to burgle your pal in trap 2,then insert your wombat into a egg sarnie?..■■? though to be fair,theres something arousing about the thought of it… :wink:

translation please

I once had to pick a lorry up from screwfix in stafford.
The driver had had a heart attack.
I’ll never forget the state of it.