Hydraulic rear lift?

following on from by earlier rant-
again i had nothing on today so thought i’d try and get this thing sorted,took it to a place in rotherham called sheffield tacho and tail lifts but unfortunately after an hour or more of playing with it they gave it up as a bad job,the problem is it’s obviously been “fixed” several times before and has all sorts mods on it.
i think someone at daf must have sat down at some point and thought lets make this the most complicated lift axle the worlds ever seen!
basicaly you push a button in the cab which activates a small electric motor which in turn drives an hydrualic pump which feeds two small rams that in turn lift the axle on a type of cantileaver set up,simple, but the thing has got a box of tricks on it that looks like it come out of the cockpit of concorde, theres three relays some sort of timer switch and more wires than you could count on a good day!
anyone know anything about these? basicaly it’s a tail lift setup,wondering if i couldn’t bypass all the nonsense and just have the switch in the cab as an on/ off for the motor purely to presurise the rams then have manual release valve on the hydraulics to drop it back down?
obviously the wagons drivable with the axle down all the time,the problems arrise when you need to reverse up a steep hill empty and get no drive or more to the point you pull onto a site and unload,if theres any give in the ground the drive wheels dig in and leave the weight on the drop axle and your stuck!
any one got any tips?

I reckon you could rip all the electrics out,

And replace it with a simple two relay setup, If you cant do it yourself take it to a carwoods or lucas service centre type place,

I think you could just have a three position switch in the cab, Centre position-no movement, up for up and down for down

Push the swithc up until the axle is up and then when you let the switch go it springs back to the centre position, so the pump stops,

That way all the complex rubbish is in the bin and you have a simple lift axle operating circiut,

Any good to you?