Hunts Sherborne

Have a delivery for here Friday morning, looks like a tight awkward place to get into with weight limits etc. Anybody know the best way in? I’ll be coming from Bristol direction. Thanks in advance.

I’ve actually never been into Hunts, but I know the area quite well.

The simplest way to get to Sherborne is probably via Yeovil (take A37 to Yeovil). Take the A30 from Yeovil to Sherborne, then turn right at traffic lights at end of dual section of A30 onto A352 (signed Dorchester) (i.e. don’t carry on into the top of Sherborne)

Across one set of lights, right at bottom (still following A352 for Dorch). Then turn left (bit awkward in artic but not too bad) into ‘New Road’, after you’ve crossed the railway bridge and feel like you’ve completely missed Sherborne.

Go along New Road until you get to the first left which takes you back across a level crossing by the station. Hunts is just down there on the right after Sainsbury’s.

Don’t try any form of driving through the middle of Sherborne other than on the A30… There be dragons. (Well, badly parked retired people in Volvos and those strange Micras which you have to be over 70 to own)

Great directions, thanks very much wilbur. Im actually coming from Liverpool but was going to go through bristol would you recommend this way or stay on the m5 to Bridgwater and cut across the A39?

Carry on to Taunton on M5 don’t enter Hunts yard before 7am there is a sign on the gate after that time free for all to get on one of the two bays blind reverse but plenty of room

sammy:
Great directions, thanks very much wilbur. Im actually coming from Liverpool but was going to go through bristol would you recommend this way or stay on the m5 to Bridgwater and cut across the A39?

If I feel like all the twisty hanging it out on the wrong side of the road 7000 gear changes stuff I go through Bristol and down (we’re east of Sherborne, which influences that a bit), otherwise I’d go with malcolmj and stay on the M5 to Taunton then off into Yeovil at Cartgate. Dead easy (dead boring) but a few miles further. I can’t be bothered with Bridgewater and cross-country in a lorry.

Thanks for that lads, planning on leaving Liverpool at 2am, should hit Sedgemoor services about 6 take a 45 then head across to sherbourn.

Made it to hunts and the town of Sherborne is still standing, your directions were spot on thanks alot. It’s nice to be able to come on this site and get good help without the usual keyboard warriors waiting to slag people off. Was expecting a load of “if you can’t find it you shouldn’t be driving a lorry” or “what did lads do 50 years ago with no Internet or sat nav” ■■■■■■■■.