Hungary

I’m heading to Hungary tomorrow and the firm I’m working for haven’t paid the road tax. Can I still get it at the border or does it HAVE to be done online? I’m in a coach if that makes a difference. The hu-go.hu website mentions an onboard device, is this like a go box for Austria or something more permanent like the French ecotax box?

This might help…viewtopic.php?f=3&t=103652
Or this…viewtopic.php?f=3&t=99245
Or even this…viewtopic.php?f=3&t=92383&p=1325971&hilit=hungary#p1320929

They still allowed us to purchase a 10 day vignette for 13 thousand Florints.

mucker85:
They still allowed us to purchase a 10 day vignette for 13 thousand Florints.

Forints. At the moment a very poor currency. :open_mouth:

I’m going next Weds to Budapest. I’ll find out when I get there.

In Hungary you have to buy a toll box.To get a box the vehicle have to be registered on the Internet at the ungar. Operators . Otherwise the possibility to book the toll via Internet , or at the Terminal at the border or at the motorway service station.
If the vehicle is then registered, you can buy this box. Note the emphasis is on sale! The Hungary make it different from the rest you have to buy the box. Cost does the part of ca. 200 euro. If you have registered the car then and bought the box, then you have to register the box still on the Internet on your car and then it´s done.

The knob you can adjust the number of axles, and otherwise it has 2 LED lights to the control of GPS and GSM. The box needs 24 V power from the cigarette lighter or similar.

You can still buy weekly tickets from the border/ garages etc… According to the web.

You dont have to buy a box, you can book journeys much like the German toll collect, at terminals which are quite widespread. You can also book the toll online which is what I do. Cant remember the weight but any truck over 7.5t I think has to pay the toll based on the route and kms, weekly or monthly isn’t an option. Once you’ve booked a trip you’ve 48 hours to complete it. Its easier than Toll Collect and you can book a journey with several waypoints. If I know the reload address I book border-delivery-collection-border all in one go for simplicity. But I assume the original poster has long returned by now…

Not had my itinerary as yet…I’ll sort it when it gets closer.

It was like the toll collect system. Put in the country of registration Vehicle reg, height, length, width and weight of vehicle. Entry and destination points and done! No box purchase at all. ■■■■ easy once you know where you are. And you have to follow the route, much the same as the German version really.

bigvern1:
It was like the toll collect system. Put in the country of registration Vehicle reg, height, length, width and weight of vehicle. Entry and destination points and done! No box purchase at all. ■■■■ easy once you know where you are. And you have to follow the route, much the same as the German version really.

Is that just for motorways?

limeyphil:

bigvern1:

Is that just for motorways?

No, a variety of roads