Hungary

Can anyone tell me if you can use Euro’s in Hungary ?
Im off to the Hungarionring on Monday taking a car down for racing next weekend (World Touring Car Championship) leaving Monday arrive Thursday. I dont want to change much into florints if I can use euro’s as I dont do a lot of Hungary but dont want to be left short.
After washing the truck off when I arrive I will be parking the truck up then helping in the pits preparing the car. All food will be covered in the hospitality suite so I shouldnt need money for that, I just want to make sure I have enough but not too much so if I can get away with euro’s it will be better.

Just get a few forints for the bear essentials, But cards are widely accepted, just as much as here.

No…You can’t.

Can’t help i’m afraid but what i will say is take some pictures and plonk them on here.

A lot of the truckstops in Hungary DO accept them as do the services. But exchange rate is shocking.

If you are paying for your road tax using a DKV card make sure the registration number matches your truck. I had problems last year on my way to Budapest.

Cheers and yes I will be hoping to take photo’s and do a diary.

Have you packed the tipping job in mate? Not seen you about for a while.

Whoops just seen your other post lol

You will love it, it’s cheap as chips! Good roads and I found the people friendly,