Humbertag

Anybody else getting excited about electronic payment system on the Humber Bridge? Or do I just need to get out more?
Never used one before, do they work well at places like the Dartford Tunnel or M6 toll?
According to the rumour mill at my place, if you use a tag not registered to your vehicle, there’s a big financial penalty.

Can’t say I’m getting excited! :slight_smile: However I regularly use the M6 toll, Dart crossing and Severn bridge and they all work fine. M6 and Severn bridge use tags fitted in the windscreen, whereas Dart crossing reads your number plate and charges it to your account if you have one or you have to pay online within a certain period.

You need a tag for each obstacle, like I have one for the Mersey Tunnels and one for the M6 toll.
So your screen will be full of tags if you hit more toll bridges and tunnels as they are all independent.
No one tag for all unfortunately.
British efficiency at is best :wink:

Dashboard looks like its full of bloody Lego.

Or your truck looks like its from EE.

Captain Caveman 76:
Anybody else getting excited about electronic payment system on the Humber Bridge? Or do I just need to get out more?
Never used one before, do they work well at places like the Dartford Tunnel or M6 toll?
According to the rumour mill at my place, if you use a tag not registered to your vehicle, there’s a big financial penalty.

You will still hit the traffic heading north or south of the water depending on the time

El Deano:
Or your truck looks like its from EE.

Dont even go there, one PL plated wagon delivering to our Bolton depot had nine, yup 9 gizmos stuck to his window that looked suspiciously like sat navs …and he was double manned :open_mouth: :laughing: