Humber Bridge Tolls

Due to this sharing caring government, the debt has just been cut and so have the tolls to 50%

:slight_smile: Its better than nowt I suppose, Its still bloody expensive though. I bet there are a few fed up local hauliers that have recently bulk bought books of tickets :cry:

I nearly bought a new book of 20 tickets for 365quid the other day, I’m glad I didn’t now, that would have been a waste of 180-something quid!

Only got 4 tickets left in the book I’m using now so I haven’t wasted too much money there.

Paul

Some of the big oil companies (contractors) on the south bank must spend thousands in one go, surly they should get something back.

repton:
I nearly bought a new book of 20 tickets for 365quid the other day, I’m glad I didn’t now, that would have been a waste of 180-something quid!

Only got 4 tickets left in the book I’m using now so I haven’t wasted too much money there.

Paul

I would check if there is a reclaim system in operation, as anyone with a full book will probably close the bridge for hours, when they throw themselves off it :stuck_out_tongue:

A164 to be duelled from the bridge roundabout to Beverley bypass, that should help a bit too

Wheel Nut:
Due to this sharing caring government, the debt has just been cut and so have the tolls to 50%

Yeah but it only gets you half way across!

redbob:

Wheel Nut:

That’s correct they are moving the toll booths to the centre of the bridge :laughing:

Wheel Nut:
A164 to be duelled from the bridge roundabout to Beverley bypass, that should help a bit too

The worst bit about that road for me in an oldish underpowered truck running at max weight is all the flipping roundabouts but I can’t see they’ll be doing away with any of those…

Paul

Wheel Nut:

redbob:

Wheel Nut:

That’s correct they are moving the toll booths to the centre of the bridge :laughing:

:bulb: :smiley:

repton:

Wheel Nut:

The worst bit about that road for me in an oldish underpowered truck running at max weight is all the flipping roundabouts but I can’t see they’ll be doing away with any of those…

Paul

I am not sure, one of the worst bits are close to the hotels and crem, but whether they will build overpasses there I am not sure.

From the HDM

It was also announced that safety improvements would be made to four roundabouts on the A164 between the Humber Bridge and Beverley.

As for your toll tickets, you have to laugh at this bloke :stuck_out_tongue:

A single crossing rose from £2.70 to £3.00 per car on 1 October 2011.

Motorists have been stockpiling books of tickets at the lower price in advance of the rise, the Humber Bridge board said.

One commuter who uses the bridge to get from his home in Hull to work on the south bank of the Humber said he had bought enough tickets to last until next April.

“I was made redundant four years ago and the only jobs in the chemical industry were on the south bank which meant travelling across the bridge,” he said.

"If you need to work and keep in employment you have to go further afield.

“I’ve just bought 10 books of bridge tickets which equates to £500 and will cover me until April.”

I’m going green with envy, my trip to the badlands costs me £6.00.

Anything that makes getting out of Hull easier is alright by me :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: