Hull to Rotterdam car price?

Off to the Nurburgring next month,for a bit of a play in my neighbours Nissan 200sx track car,and as we live only 60 miles from Hull,we have decided to utilise that route,to get to Germany.

Obviously,P&O are the carrier to Rotterdam,and the best price I’ve come up with so far for a car and 2 people,is £228 return,which isn’t bad,but like everyone else,I like to hunt a bargain,I’m sure there’s a better bargain to be had.

Can anyone point me in the direction of a better price?

Ken.

Channel Tunnel £49, Rotterdam is a pain in the arriss, the boat is not that good, the food for normal punters is VERY expensive for 4 people you can easily add another £100 for scran that is if you have an evening meal and a breakfast.
From Hull area I would go tml every time. (IN A CAR)

Deepinvet:
Channel Tunnel £49,

That is “From £49” Most of the prices are much higher than that. Every time I have used the tunnel, it has been nearly double that.

If you take into account your travel down to Folkestone, the tunnel probably works out more expensive.

Personally, I’d go for the Hull - Rotterdam ferry and have a night in the floating hotel.

There is more than likely a 101 different permatations on ‘which way to go’ personlly i would go tml with Tesco vouchers, as Nurburgring is a bit down Germany.
All depends if you want to just get there asap or have the crossing as part of the experience…but if you do eat on the boat be prepard to pay LOTS for the pleasure.

To get a good price either phone P+O and try and screw them down on price or if you know a good freight customer of P+O speak to them to try and get you a better price or google ferry brokers such as A FERRY TO or other similar sites these are always cheaper than P+O direct in fact I was with someone when they saved over 50% off what euro tunnel quoted him for same timed crossing.
Last but not least but a bit risky:

If you can phone P+O after about 5pm on day of departure to enquire about last minute availability.

Sailing from anywhere else is not an option,as we have priced up the cost of the ferry from,say Dover,but then we have a 4-5 hour drive down from Ossett,in a car that does about 15-20 to the gallon,as it is a track/high performance car.

It will work out cheaper for us to go from Hull,when you take everything into consideration,and I have been on both the Pride of Hull and the Pride of Rotterdam before,and didn’t find them that bad,and when you consider the Pride of Rotterdam is their north sea flagship,I don’t think going anywhere else is in the equation.

Meals in the al a carte restaurant where £16 per head,with all you can eat, when I went over in November last year,to Amsterdam with the wife, :blush: and when you consider that you will pay more for MSA crap,I would rather do that.

Thanks for your input guys,and if anyone else can throw something into the mix,then please do.

Ken.

Dont take the wife and save some cash !

Considdered going into Zeebrugge instead mate?

allikat:

Certainly did,and there is about a £30 price difference in P&O’s favour,so that is an option,although I think they use their older vessels on that crossing.

Ken.

Quinny:

allikat:

Certainly did,and there is about a £30 price difference in P&O’s favour,so that is an option,although I think they use their older vessels on that crossing.

Ken.

There is nowt wrong with either crossing Ken, except as lowlife passengers you will be expected to pay for your meals on board.

The best bonus on the Zeebrugge boat is that truck drivers can point and sneer at the passengers as they eat free :smiley:

Zeebrugge is also the quickest route to the Nurb

Try DFDS out of Immingham to Cuxhaven!

Will be just you and the crew!

Just a thought…

If I take my driving licence,which I’ll have to anyhow as I’ll be driving in Germany at some point,I wonder if I can get into the drivers lounge on the crossing?

Ken.

Quinny:
Just a thought…

If I take my driving licence,which I’ll have to anyhow as I’ll be driving in Germany at some point,I wonder if I can get into the drivers lounge on the crossing?

Ken.

If you catch the Zeebrugge boat when Simon is on it you might be able to hide under his beard :stuck_out_tongue:

Sorry Ken, you will need a freight drivers ticket to eat for free :laughing:

or his kilt

Plenty of un-accompanied trailers cross to zeebe, just shove the car in one of those, and hide by the trailer wheels… lol

Plenty of un-accompanied trailers cross to zeebe, just shove the car in one of those, and hide by the trailer wheels… lol