Hull to Dundee in Snow!

A rehash of my thread from a few months ago.

Which way would the seasoned pros go when the country is white.
A66 M6 M74 or A1■■?

a1

scotlad:
a1

+1

66 if snow gates are open.

Well its not snowing in or around Glasgow. We seem to be missing it here so maybe the M74 would be a better option.

A1!

damoq:
Well its not snowing in or around Glasgow. We seem to be missing it here so maybe the M74 would be a better option.

That would be a bit of a dog leg .

shugg:

damoq:

A66 the quickest option m8, makes me smile when people say a1 quicker

Personally I’d go A1 all the way, if the country is covered in snow all roads are likely to be single track anyway!

As a matter of interest it’d be nice to see the mileage difference from Hull to Dundee firstly via A1 and secondly M62, M61, M6, M74. I’m sure someone with Autoroute or similar will know.

Via the 66 is only a mile or so more than the A1

shugg:

damoq:

Yes, but its not snowing here so he would get a clear run going the 74 route. Might be quicker in the long run.

raymundo:
Via the 66 is only a mile or so more than the A1

More like 15miles using A977 as a short cut according to google maps, but you are on s/c a hell of a lot longer on the A1. Id take inot account what time you hit edinburgh bypass aswell, is it caravan season on the A1 etc. Personally it depends on a few circumstances dead of night id fly up the A1, during the day id favour the A66 route.

I parked up in Dundee Weds night…not really any snow up there for once!

Been upto to livingston today via A1, a bit snow in between morpeth and eyemouth this morning, nothing to bad, but was forecast more this evening on the east. I came back down A74 clears as a bell and all the way across A69 :smiley:

when are you going? i can give you a wee snow update if you want, its starting to come down around these parts now :sunglasses:

Will be leaving hull docks about 7:30 in the morning. Generally go A1 but what with the snow and the phantom camera flash last time I’m q little uneasy. Any updates are much appreciated.

I have done a lot of Scotch and whatever you say the A74 is the quickest route. I have tried the Leith route, the Musselburgh route and the Eastern Bypass. Up the 66 and 74 you don’t stop or need to slow down.

Even with snow??

coreysboys:
Even with snow??

Nah! :stuck_out_tongue:

are you working for middlegate today then?