HSF Logistics

Another famous name swallowed by the Danish behemoth DFDS. Leaves me a bit sad that another independent is snapped up

instagram.com/p/CKgpANLBzWl … 3■■085eopk

Yeah but a Danish company buying a Dutch company, that’s foreign news!

Sent from my R19 using Tapatalk

Munchkin:

Oh bugger of course. I’ll have Jacob Rhys-Mogg at my door trying to arrest me next. Foolish mistake.

Munchkin:

Might be Dutch but HSF are/were a common sight on UK roads

I wonder how long it’ll be before their drivers get the sack because of the amount of infringements they get. I doubt DFDS will want HSF drivers to continue in the “drivers hours rules, what drivers hours rules” manner that they have done for donkeys years.

Conor:
I wonder how long it’ll be before their drivers get the sack because of the amount of infringements they get. I doubt DFDS will want HSF drivers to continue in the “drivers hours rules, what drivers hours rules” manner that they have done for donkeys years.

In the “old” days their drivers were given 2 cards, one for the Continent, one for the UK…don’t think they operate like that anymore as it was common knowledge and VOSA/DVSA would have targeted them and fined them heavily to the point where it wasn’t worth it anymore, like many Dutch companies back in the day :open_mouth: :unamused:

Conor:
I doubt DFDS will want HSF drivers to continue in the “drivers hours rules, what drivers hours rules” manner that they have done for donkeys years.

Ah yes, the drivers you once worked with giving you all facts and you making up the gaps, again.

RIPPER:

Conor:

In the “old” days their drivers were given 2 cards, one for the Continent, one for the UK…don’t think they operate like that anymore as it was common knowledge and VOSA/DVSA would have targeted them and fined them heavily to the point where it wasn’t worth it anymore, like many Dutch companies back in the day :open_mouth: :unamused:

‘Old days’ and ‘two cards’ is a bit of an oxymoron :smiley:

Also worth pointing out, not that anyone will listen, that when it comes to running bent British operators were as bad as anyone and worse than most

switchlogic:

RIPPER:

Conor:

‘Old days’ and ‘two cards’ is a bit of an oxymoron

That’s why i put it in quotes…it’s relative to the “now”…ie: 10-15 years ago
Pedant

Paper tachos chap, they had paper tachos and you generally had to carry more than two.

switchlogic:
Paper tachos chap, they had paper tachos and you generally had to carry more than two.

And what do you think happened when they switched to digital tachographs…oh yeah…they were issued with 2 cards and switched them over when they got off the boat/train :open_mouth:

Just like to point out i worked for a Dutch haulier (not HSF) and this was talked about in the office there but as most of our drivers were British we told them where to insert their “second” card :laughing: , but we knew many of the drivers at HSF and this was a fact :sunglasses:

And…i repeat … PEDANT

RIPPER:

switchlogic:

And what do you think happened when they switched to digital tachographs…oh yeah…they were issued with 2 cards and switched them over when they got off the boat/train :open_mouth:

Just like to point out i worked for a Dutch haulier (not HSF) and this was talked about in the office there but as most of our drivers were British we told them where to insert their “second” card :laughing: , but we knew many of the drivers at HSF and this was a fact :sunglasses:

And…i repeat … PEDANT

I know what happened because I worked there (imagine that :smiley: ) They laid off all the British drivers in favour of double man Polish teams in polish registered trucks. They didn’t magically acquire hundreds of fake digital tacho cards. There’s a reason overnight we went from seeing an HSF lorry in every VOSA checkpoint to hardly ever seeing them. You and Conor and your ‘facts’ from drivers spouting nonsense is faintly comical :smiley: You’re like lads who only passed last week and believe everything you hear :smiley:

If ‘pedant’ is correcting third hand nonsense with actual first hand experience so be it

switchlogic:

RIPPER:

switchlogic:

And…i repeat … PEDANT

I know what happened because I worked there (imagine that :smiley: ) They laid off all the British drivers in favour of double man Polish teams in polish registered trucks. They didn’t magically acquire hundreds of fake digital tacho cards. There’s a reason overnight we went from seeing an HSF lorry in every VOSA checkpoint to hardly ever seeing them. You and Conor and your ‘facts’ from drivers spouting nonsense is faintly comical :smiley:

If ‘pedant’ is correcting third hand nonsense with actual first hand experience so be it

Yeah…whatever…i have it from 2 former drivers for them (British) both of whom i have known for 18 years and trust them
Anyways…DFDS wont be having any of that sort of shenanigans

Now you’ve gone from comical to hilarious! :smiley: Yeah… whatever… are you channeling Harry Enfield?

Interesting point to note is that digital tachographs introduced to stop widespread company law Breaking did generally work. Many companies worked like HSF all over Europe that had to sort themselves out when digital came in. In HSFs case by employing double man polish teams. Added bonus was that they could put two Polish drivers in a truck for less money than one Brit at that time. Law Breaking still goes on, it always will, but generally the enormous company wide law Breaking like that is a thing of the past now, any still at it are usually owner drivers or work for very small hauliers.

Over the past 12 month as I’ve done my linehaul around the Netherlands, I found it an increasingly rare sight to see an HSF trailer, and when I did, it was always pulled by a Dutch registered subbie. The Polish registered HSF units seemed to have disappeared. So I guessed something was up.

They also used to be green and gold because Fredricks set up the company using stolen ■■■■ gold . :unamused:

RIPPER:
Anyways…DFDS wont be having any of that sort of shenanigans

Really ■■ lol

Gavc:
They also used to be green and gold because Fredricks set up the company using stolen ■■■■ gold . :unamused:

Oh I’d forgotten about that gem often trotted out :slight_smile: :slight_smile: