HS2 (High Speed 2)

msgyorkie:

ATJT:
Bearing in mind the truly scary levels of unemployment we are likely to see soon I don’t see there being much chance of cancelling something that will employ many people for a long time no matter what the cost.

Indeed! Boris has already said that we are to build ourselfs out of a downturn and will be pushing forward major infratucture schemes.
Excellent news for those of us that work in the construction sector.

Excellent news,for Indians,West Africans,East Europeans,not seen many local Brits on job?

lynchy:

msgyorkie:

ATJT:
Bearing in mind the truly scary levels of unemployment we are likely to see soon I don’t see there being much chance of cancelling something that will employ many people for a long time no matter what the cost.

Indeed! Boris has already said that we are to build ourselfs out of a downturn and will be pushing forward major infratucture schemes.

Excellent news,for Indians,West Africans,East Europeans,not seen many local Brits on job?

Not looking hard enough then. Plenty of Brits still working the sites.

It’s not just the people in HV vests with shovels that make money from these massive construction schemes. And it is not just the ‘fat cat’ bosses either. Mostly, it’s all the people in the middle like hauliers, crane operators, concrete suppliers, steel works, loco manufactures etc, etc.

In 1933, in the middle of the great depression, F D Roosevelt pumped billions into the US economy, partly by large-scale public works such as dams, bridges, and schools. The New Deal did a lot of other stuff as well, the Hoover Dam being one of the most memorable.

Santa:
It’s not just the people in HV vests with shovels that make money from these massive construction schemes. And it is not just the ‘fat cat’ bosses either. Mostly, it’s all the people in the middle like hauliers, crane operators, concrete suppliers, steel works, loco manufactures etc, etc.

In 1933, in the middle of the great depression, F D Roosevelt pumped billions into the US economy, partly by large-scale public works such as dams, bridges, and schools. The New Deal did a lot of other stuff as well, the Hoover Dam being one of the most memorable.

Correct. Its also not workers direct on site either. There are factorys making the components, screws nails and rebar etc etc that get work from it.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

spot on posts :slight_smile: also any well :slight_smile: run country, and yes we are run as well as we can be in current times, works to it’s gold reserves and we have multi trillions so dont worry. all stay safe and well…

m.a.n rules:

spot on posts :slight_smile: also any well :slight_smile: run country, and yes we are run as well as we can be in current times, works to it’s gold reserves and we have multi trillions so dont worry. all stay safe and well…

A few years ago a Scotch man Called Gordon, think he was prime minster by default, his mate just let him have a go for a couple years, Sold most of our Gold…

biggriffin:

m.a.n rules:

A few years ago a Scotch man Called Gordon, think he was prime minster by default, his mate just let him have a go for a couple years, Sold most of our Gold…

And he sold while gold was at the lowest price in the last 20 years. Farage gave him a scolding face to face if I am not mistaken, on just not the price at which he chose to sell, but the method he used to sell. China mopped up most of it, Russia was on a buying spree as well at the time. Any serious country would have got this pict on a treason charge. For anyone to have an idea, little boy of nothing Grodon the Trotskyist Brown sold England’s gold at $275 an ounce. Today the spot price of an ounce is around $1750, and the outlook is $2000 no latter than next year.
But nothing to worry about, the bank of England is now deferring the repatriation of Venezuelan gold stored in its vaults. If a Comunist at home sells your gold, get the gold from a comunist so far away that they cant hassle you…

Could we please keep this thread specifically for HS2? Thanks.

Heard that the M42 services at J10 and some of Relay Pk Ind Est will be wiped out for the HS2 spur for the Brum to Leeds line.

msgyorkie:

lynchy:

msgyorkie:

ATJT:

Not looking hard enough then. Plenty of Brits still working the sites.

Don’t need to ‘look’,out of thirty plus guys on site I’m only Brit

Bewick:
The UK is basically [zb] Bankrupt

It isn’t possible for the UK to go bankrupt as it owns and runs it’s own currency and all UK government debt is in sterling.

The UK is far from bankrupt. When you bought your house you borrowed what, 3,4 times your annual wages? Did that mean you were bankrupt? National government debt has only just passed 100% of annual GDP because of the virus but the difference between the government and you is the government has the ability to print money to pay it off.

lynchy:

How do you know they’re not British? Are you basing it on the colour of their skin or that they have a bit of a foreign accent? So do many British born asians and blacks in places like Southall and Birmingham.

Conor:

lynchy:

How do you know they’re not British? Are you basing it on the colour of their skin or that they have a bit of a foreign accent? So do many British born asians and blacks in places like Southall and Birmingham.

You obviously go there on a regular basis, because you would know, English is the minority Language around there, and to actually speak to a person not of colour, is in the minority too, and what do I base my statement on, The fact I am in and around the area on a regular basis,… as for Birmingham it will soon be like London, persons not of colour will be the Minority…

The Last census provided evidence of the fact London is now 55% people non British.

biggriffin:

Conor:

lynchy:

You obviously go there on a regular basis, because you would know, English is the minority Language around there, and to actually speak to a person not of colour, is in the minority too, and what do I base my statement on, The fact I am in and around the area on a regular basis,… as for Birmingham it will soon be like London, persons not of colour will be the Minority…

The Last census provided evidence of the fact London is now 55% people non British.

Not quite correct.
2011 census
45% self identify as White British
15% White Irish and Others
Some others are Asian British or Black British.
55% non British? No.
55% non White British? Yes.

msgyorkie:

Santa:

Correct. Its also not workers direct on site either. There are factorys making the components, screws nails and rebar etc etc that get work from it.

Probably mostly coming from China if were honest, along with all the steel!

HS2 Bridge over M42 completed ahead of time.
newcivilengineer.com/latest … 1-08-2020/

manicpb:

Bewick:
…and the line still won’t end in the centre of Brum apparently !

I’m rubbish at up loading screenshots but here’s a link to the site of the station in Brum city centre. Switch it to satellite view to see the building site, don’t know how often Google maps is updated but goes to show work is well underway…and it does finish smack in the middle of the city!

Dropped pin
Near Eastside, Birmingham
maps.app.goo.gl/uXU1se6f5mFb79Mu7

Certainly going to central Brum.

constructionenquirer.com/20 … t-station/

TomCrin:
Heard that the M42 services at J10 and some of Relay Pk Ind Est will be wiped out for the HS2 spur for the Brum to Leeds line.

not heard anything about that mate and i live in tamworth. watch this space though it could happen…

If it’s anything like cross rail that should of .been opened well over a year or 2 go.and no sign when it’s going to open.
Am in Manchester about year ago got a leaflet through door about plans for hs2
. So read it all…plan is to build it into the aiport…then run it over the m56 then into a tunnel emerging someware near Piccadilly station

Another new bridge going in for HS2.
google.co.uk/amp/s/www.bbc. … m-54675201