Hoyers help please

Can anyone give me some idea what the induction test is like for working with Hoyers out of Croyton

I know their is an assement of driving. Any information will be of help

try wirralpete he used to be for them.

hi steve,
if i remember the interview started with just that ‘an interview’. normal questionsabout where you have worked etc, etc. then done a written test highway code, tacho rules and couple of questions on adr and tanks, which i didnt get right as i didnt know anything about them before that day!.. :laughing: then went on a driving assesment out for aound 20 minutes with a dti. once finished got asked a few more questions on highway code, back into office with area manager who then took the call of the dti saying driving assesment went ok, so was offered the job there and then. what you applying for? white,red or blue fleet?..

that I dont know, i’ve been told thath their are differant contracts but this is just hoyers

The Hoyer fleet based at Coryton is the Shell Petroleum contract. Hoyer are looking for ±40 drivers before the end of April as far as I know to fulfil added contract obligations. A number of vacancies need to be filled for the Shell aviation contract. Hoyer/Shell is also looking to expand the retail and commercial fleet.

I am based on another of Hoyer’s fuel contracts at the moment, I together with a small posse of blokes were selected some four years ago to head up the contract tender period of two years, prior to them securing the contract. It was a good crack.

They are a good bunch of guys there. The interview and assessment process is a formality that needs to comply with the demands of the job and the safety thereof. The financial rewards are good by all accounts, just have a look around the car park.

Good Luck

sorry bring post back up, i have just been taken on by Hoyer Kingsbury on the shell contract.

Just completed my 1st week, 2 days of induction etc & 3 nights out with dti.

To say my minds in melt down would be an understatement… so much to learn ie loading & delivery procedures, paperwork and then after all that actually finding - station and working out access to it to get to the loading tanks.

All the other drivers have been great, saying that it will all eventually click into place! I hope there right :slight_smile:

At the moment tho I have to admit, it has been very stressful & physically tiring, bearing in mind also that during training we are being routed for 9 hours! we’ve been coming back in at around 11 (so god knows how long i’ll be when they give me the full 11.15) but as mentioned earlier the financial rewards are very very good…

Back in Monday - Wednesday mornings next week & hopefully the procedures will start becoming routine, & i’ll try and keep myself a bit cleaner if poss

:laughing: keep tackling the hoses like there alive… need to sort out my technique… :open_mouth:

bloody wills you doing well…take it you finished salvs cov then m8…i got my class one now lol still at langdons…have you got adr then

stvme2519:
bloody wills you doing well…take it you finished salvs cov then m8…i got my class one now lol still at langdons…have you got adr then

hiya stvme topman :smiley: , feels like it was a lifetime away writing me diary on here, time certainly does fly doesn’t it?

I eventually got a transfer from Cov to the Rowley depot, & i have to admit the 1st few days I felt completely out of my depth there.

Went from basically taking & collecting double deck trailers to Ford Daventry & just putting on Bay, trailer swaps or trailers down to IBC Vauxhaul , To doing general haulage at rowley where they just expected me to know everything!!!

To be fair it did me the world of good, & has made me a much better driver!! And the big Brucie Bonus was that they paid to put me through my adr :laughing: just had to pay for the " In tanks " myself.

The process of getting into Hoyer was & i can understand quite thorough. 1 hour drive assessment and basic highway code questions to start.

Then if you get called back, it was interrogation sorry interview that went on for about 45mins, then a character test & written test including tacho questions, more highway code, scenario questions, & some maths questions relating to job i.e working out ullage space left after delivering product & if you can deliver the product or not■■?

Then medical , including blood pressure, eye test, hearing tests & drug alcohol tests. This all took about 3 & half hours in all & i was shattered by the end of it… then it was straight to salvesens for my night shift.

Talked myself out believing i’d get the job, due to the job related question’s… which i know now i answered correctly, and how important it is to know if you can deliver product to the tank customer wants you to put it in etc.

Again at the moment i am finding it very hard, but hopefully it’ll all start to come together over the next 2 weeks of training.

I’ll keep you informed of how i’m progressing

cheers mate drive safe

wills

ps not so sure about the "doing well " feel more like a "Lucky sod lol "

my mate not long been at rowley pete burd on days i think was on agency bit for them then they took him on

Good luck Wills It takes a while to get it all together, and when the penny drops the job becomes a less stressful. Hang in there mate. :wink:

good luck willis, sure the petrol side is a lot better than the chemical side, was it nick thorne who interviewed you?. he was on the red fleet before moving over decent bloke i thought.

cheer’s woody will do mate!!

Hi wirralpete thankyou, I was interviewed by Pam shahota, who I think has just taken over from Paula who ironically had just joined salvesens ( Norbert Dentresangle ) at Rowley.

right got to try & get me head down now… the last time i got up at 04.00am apart from fishing i was in the Army :open_mouth: can’t believe they don’t do permanent nights?? oh well that’s the last of my worries @ the moment lol