Hoyer Petrolog Training

Does anyone know what’s so special about their fuel tanker driver training? Why is is regarded as the bees knees in their industry, is it because some depots have decades of no crossovers? How easy is it to ‘put the wrong flavour down the wrong hole’? What’s so special about ‘retail’ work then, since that’s the sort of experience they (agencies & other hauliers) are after?

Some very interesting questions here, Pimp.
How do you know, some Hoyer depots have not had any crossovers for decades?
Is this possible?

hkloss1:
How do you know, some Hoyer depots have not had any crossovers for decades?
Is this possible?

Rumours, no idea if it’s possible hence me asking:grin:

Its very easy to crossover if your not looking what your doing no special fittings.no depots have been crossover free in the last few years .

Don’t know about the training, but I applied a few months back and got a call back about 4 o’clock in the afternoon to come for an assessment the next day.

Wasn’t massively impressed with their professionalism in regards to lack of notice, I am sure they would have been impressed if one of their employees came back late afternoon to say they wouldn’t be in the next day as they had an assessment somewhere else. :open_mouth: :open_mouth:

Needless to say I never got another call back from them, so clearly wasn’t meant to be.

Pimpdaddy:
Does anyone know what’s so special about their fuel tanker driver training? Why is is regarded as the bees knees in their industry, is it because some depots have decades of no crossovers? How easy is it to ‘put the wrong flavour down the wrong hole’? What’s so special about ‘retail’ work then, since that’s the sort of experience they (agencies & other hauliers) are after?

Crossovers are really easy when you have 3 products over 6 compartments going into 4 different tanks with 3 pipes all over the place. I have never done it. But have heared of quite a few from the big players. Some companies think that the training they do is the bees knees. I dont work for hoyer, bp, dhl or the like. But Turners, say what you will;);), I can assure you I can do the job just as good as them. I frequently do bp work, tesco, sainsbury and greenergy. Hoyer are very big players. They have a reputation for being quite strict. They sack people all the time. But we have a reputation for being paid less than most tankers and have bad kit. Although I can whole heartly say that the only one with kit better than us is hockin.
Retail work is where the money is at the moment. All the supermarket’s, services basically every pump is retail. Commercial is stuff like hauliers etc. Alot of retail fleet dont even have pumps on. Spirits are retail aswell. Petrol, super and all the additised stuff.

Hope that answers yoir question.

Jamiemufu:
Crossovers are really easy when you have 3 products over 6 compartments going into 4 different tanks with 3 pipes all over the place. I have never done it. But have heared of quite a few from the big players. Some companies think that the training they do is the bees knees. They have a reputation for being quite strict. They sack people all the time.

Hope that answers yoir question.

Somehow my question is answered yes, sounds like there’s nothing special about it, mountain out of a molehill type thing:lol:
They must have a bottomless pit of drivers like every other haulier if they are strict & keep sacking…

Jamiemufu:
But we have a reputation for bad kit. Although I can whole heartly say that the only one with kit better than us is hockin.

I know you have good kit, I like your little green CF:lol:
I’ve never heard of hockin, personally I think hoyer kit(units in particular) are terrible:evil:

All day cabs, they are getting new MANs but day cab still. Pet reg stuff costs a lot lol

The reason for day cabs is for weight saving , most of the big company’s have day cabs and small lift axles so they can load more litres , they mainly gross just under 44t when loaded as more litres more £s !!! Years ago some trailers had no landing legs on them either

Maybe years and years ago. I have never ever seen someone with a day cab load an extra 1000 litres. Plus the trailers themselves dictate how much you can load. In terms of compartment sizes.

Compartment sizes doesn’t come into it as you max out on gross weight before tank is full ! Also it wouldn’t be as much as an extra 1000l anyway :slight_smile: :slight_smile:

I know what your saying. I have low profile sleeper cf. Fancy lightweight lifting axle andba standard lag 6 potter. I can max that out:) 36000 of derv puts me at just over 41tonne. Spirit is lighter again so is kerosene. I see what you mean though. Might see what I can have just below 44t weighbridge on site. Will get back to you

Spiritwalker:
The reason for day cabs is for weight saving

I think it’s bs, you can still have a sleeper cab & still save weight…

Most of the old timers with esso are that big they easily add 100+ kg the way those things rock when they get out:) I know where I would start

Haha that could be the way forward :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

I can assure you pimpdaddy that’s why they run day cabs , used to have sleepers and day cabs in yard , day cabs loaded 200 lts more every trip

Spiritwalker:
I can assure you pimpdaddy that’s why they run day cabs

Im not disputing that, I just think they can get that extra 200L or whatever whilst running low sleeper cabs, save weight elsewhere:)