Hoyer pay and conditions

Anyone worked for Hoyer recently■■? Just been offered a job in the Manchester area any info would be appreciated?

Try there, plenty of Hoyer & ex Hoyer on it.
facebook.com/groups/184934110353/?ref=share

Sent from my SM-A515F using Tapatalk

When I looked at the fuel tankers at Bramhall, the shift pattern was all over the place, including days, nights and weekends.
They were willing to pay for your ADR.

Should of done your homework before applying !!

Could anyone be more specific? Hours & pay , was told £18.36 which seems ok however its a guaranteed base of £36k , was offered a job at WREN for £41k on evening shift .

LEE’M’HOPPO:
Could anyone be more specific? Hours & pay , was told £18.36 which seems ok however its a guaranteed base of £36k , was offered a job at WREN for £41k on evening shift .

you need to bear in mind that the basic is for 32 hours a week relisticly you will earn a lot more

Can’t remember the title of the thread that was on these very pages, but a few years ago when Hoyer drivers were on strike for better pay the usual suspects here were calling them everything for daring to try and better themselves, maybe someone else who does remember could link it.
It got quite heated and eventually one Hoyer driver posted his wage slip and shift pattern itinery, cruel doesn’t do the shift pattern justice and the pay wasn’t enough for the aggro.
Course its possible things have changed, but don’t Hoyer tell you what the terms and conditions are before offering a job? seems bloody odd not to tell you all details before making an offer.

^^^^
The whole thread is here:

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=83303&hilit=hoyer+strike#p1140194

The shift pattern is on page 8.

^^^ brilliant, thanks Cav.

Not really any difference with how the supermarkets are holding the hauliers to ransom, the big difference is the union. Hoyer are Unite members whereas most general haulage drivers who do rdc work are not union members. It isn’t just because they are hauling oil and fuel why anyone listens to them. They are supportive of each other and will not tolerate the oil companys pushing them in the same direction.

Cheers chaps, yes they did say you’d be doing a 12 hour shift however you can get a 9 hr shift and if you get that and go over by 30 mins per say you won’t get any extra , just sounded a bit sporadic, I did finally get a shift pattern which is a day/ night mixture which is fine as I’ve come from working on a quarry driving caterpillar 100tn dumpers and Shovel loaders on a night/early/ day shift rota , however I was paid a fixed salary for this, kinda hoping HOYER is round the 45k ish figure , was hoping for a rough 48hr working pattern, I suppose an hourly rate makes you safer delivering fuel as you won’t rush to finish early like on a fixed salary. The £3k training contract is still there, you leave within 3 years you have ro pay it back .

LEE’M’HOPPO:
Cheers chaps, yes they did say you’d be doing a 12 hour shift however you can get a 9 hr shift and if you get that and go over by 30 mins per say you won’t get any extra , just sounded a bit sporadic, I did finally get a shift pattern which is a day/ night mixture which is fine as I’ve come from working on a quarry driving caterpillar 100tn dumpers and Shovel loaders on a night/early/ day shift rota , however I was paid a fixed salary for this, kinda hoping HOYER is round the 45k ish figure , was hoping for a rough 48hr working pattern, I suppose an hourly rate makes you safer delivering fuel as you won’t rush to finish early like on a fixed salary. The £3k training contract is still there, you leave within 3 years you have ro pay it back .

Why on earth would you want to drive trucks if you’re an experienced dumper and shovel driver? The demand for those is through the roof and you can basically name your price if you’re s/e with references. As someone said, Hoyer rotas are brutal and your health will be in tatters within a month as your body won’t know whether it’s coming or going. That’s why everyone leaves.

Working on the quarry isn’t that great pay, cemex dove holes £35k tops and thats weekends and shifts , I could go self employed but you’ll be all over the country , I fancy a change and wanna go back driving , I don’t want agency work done that hate the ■■■■■■■■, I’d prefer cards in .

Well HOYER got back to me finally…The offer £17.36 an hour, no overtime rate,unpaid breaks so thats an hour taken away every shift, worked it out on a 48hr 4 on 4 off roughly rota , so 44 hrs a week paid and thats not a guaranteed 12 hour shift possibly a 9 , days then nights mixture works out at £764 a week ! Rubbish £39700 ish a year ! Possible overtime shifts but whats the point then your doing 60hr weeks! Got a job offer at WREN kitchens on evenings for a salary of £41,580 averaging 42hrs ! No wonder HOYER are advertising i dont think I’ll bother renewing my ADR .

LEE’M’HOPPO:
Well HOYER got back to me finally…The offer £17.36 an hour, no overtime rate,unpaid breaks so thats an hour taken away every shift, worked it out on a 48hr 4 on 4 off roughly rota , so 44 hrs a week paid and thats not a guaranteed 12 hour shift possibly a 9 , days then nights mixture works out at £764 a week ! Rubbish £39700 ish a year ! Possible overtime shifts but whats the point then your doing 60hr weeks! Got a job offer at WREN kitchens on evenings for a salary of £41,580 averaging 42hrs ! No wonder HOYER are advertising i dont think I’ll bother renewing my ADR .

Let us know how Wren treat you please?

Hoyer Manchester terminal was £18.36 an hour however take into account travelling by car with fuel and tyre wear etc the Bramhall terminal seemed better with cycling 4 mile for a £1 an hour difference plus gate to gate hometime with Manchester traffic at 16.00pm finish being horrible

LEE’M’HOPPO:

Your having a laugh tankers are the new tippers. Apart from a few on Morrison’s or Asda the money is not particularly good. expect to either go 4 on 4 off or 5 out of seven alternating days nights with start times from midnight. Hoyers training is second to none and many do there time and move on or try to when the claw back time is reached

DCPCFML:

LEE’M’HOPPO:

Why on earth would you want to drive trucks if you’re an experienced dumper and shovel driver? The demand for those is through the roof and you can basically name your price if you’re s/e with references. As someone said, Hoyer rotas are brutal and your health will be in tatters within a month as your body won’t know whether it’s coming or going. That’s why everyone leaves.

I know a company not far from Pontefract paying compactor and bulldozer men £9 per hour infact they tell me all plant men there are on £9 per hour including saturdays

ramone:

DCPCFML:

LEE’M’HOPPO:

I know a company not far from Pontefract paying compactor and bulldozer men £9 per hour infact they tell me all plant men there are on £9 per hour including saturdays

Do they get anybody to work there?? My mate is a dozer driver, £18ph on the books. 7am to 5pm paid right through. £180 a day.

msgyorkie:

ramone:

DCPCFML:

LEE’M’HOPPO:

Do they get anybody to work there?? My mate is a dozer driver, £18ph on the books. 7am to 5pm paid right through. £180 a day.

They do , the drivers moan but stick there god knows why