Hoyer/BP contract

Hi Chaps

My mate is thinking of applying for a fuel tanker driver position with Hoyer on their new BP contract out of their Stanford Le Hope depot and he is wondering what rota do they offer?
Is this a few days of 04:00 am starts and then a few days of 16:00 starts, or could he do days or nights only?
How many hours does a typical day shift last and how many hours a night shift?

What’s the reason they are still struggling to fill all vacancies, considering they started recruiting in September last year?

Thanks

The shift pattern on the BP Contract is as follows.

Week 1
Days:- Tues Wed Sat Sun Mon.
Week 2
Days:- Thurs Fri.
Week 3
Nights:- Mon to Fri.
Repeat.

Hoyer have lots of contracts and they all have different shift patterns.

Shift work including days, nights and weekends are not for everyone.

My Mate Les is on for them, they are all 12 hour shifts 4 am - 4 pm & vice versa, alternating as per Fodentankers post
He did say there has been a lot of upset since Hoyer took over, particularly from the older hands who were on the old BP employment contract.

Another guy I know - Des, is on the Tesco contract (now XPO) he is on permanent nights - 5 per week,
He used to swap about, but has been diagnosed with a Sleeping disorder, so they gave him permanent nights to help out with his sleep pattern

Toddy2:
, but has been diagnosed with a Sleeping disorder, so they gave him permanent nights to help out with his sleep pattern

Apologies for laughing Toddy but for some reason that brought a smile to my face! Sounds like a typical transport “fix” to a problem. :smiley:

Wouldn’t it just be easier to actually apply, and then find out for certain?

Thanks chaps for replying

My mate isn’t going to be impressed when I tell him the shift pattern.
It looks like some of these companies go out of their way to make life difficult for drivers.
Wouldn’t it be easier to have drivers working on days only and nights only?
Newly employed drivers could be starting , say, doing nights and when day jobs become available they could be moving onto days and so on.
Is BP the only contract around Thurrock that Hoyer is recruiting for?

the maoster:

Toddy2:
, but has been diagnosed with a Sleeping disorder, so they gave him permanent nights to help out with his sleep pattern

Apologies for laughing Toddy but for some reason that brought a smile to my face! Sounds like a typical transport “fix” to a problem. :smiley:

Well things have improved a little bit - in the old days the transport fix was called P45 :laughing:

hkloss1:
Thanks chaps for replying

My mate isn’t going to be impressed when I tell him the shift pattern.
It looks like some of these companies go out of their way to make life difficult for drivers.
Wouldn’t it be easier to have drivers working on days only and nights only?
Newly employed drivers could be starting , say, doing nights and when day jobs become available they could be moving onto days and so on.
Is BP the only contract around Thurrock that Hoyer is recruiting for?

You do wonder what the genius who came up with these shift patterns was thinking at the time…

khdgsa:
Wouldn’t it just be easier to actually apply, and then find out for certain?

Why do people always have to say this when members on this forum ask for details of pay and shifts with different companies?

What’s the point in filling out an application form, going to an interview/assessment and maybe having to book a day off work to do that to then find out actually the job won’t be suited to you when you can easily ask the question on here. What’s a forum for?

It’s always worth researching a job fully before wasting your time and effort in applying, and asking the questions on here on the off chance someone on the forum works for/has worked for/knows someone who works for said company is a sensible thing to do.

And before anyone says it, yes it has struck a nerve and yes I am being over sensitive so deal with that! Haha

Why are so many companies unwilling to give the full picture up front? If they won’t tell me up front that’s as far as I take it.

hkloss1:
Hi Chaps

My mate is thinking of applying for a fuel tanker driver position with Hoyer on their new BP contract out of their Stanford Le Hope depot and he is wondering what rota do they offer?
Is this a few days of 04:00 am starts and then a few days of 16:00 starts, or could he do days or nights only?
How many hours does a typical day shift last and how many hours a night shift?

What’s the reason they are still struggling to fill all vacancies, considering they started recruiting in September last year?

Thanks

I think the reason they are struggling is because it’s Hoyer

Rowley010:
Why do people always have to say this when members on this forum ask for details of pay and shifts with different companies?

What’s the point in filling out an application form, going to an interview/assessment and maybe having to book a day off work to do that to then find out actually the job won’t be suited to you when you can easily ask the question on here. What’s a forum for?

So you can ask this kind of question at the interview and get the company answer , not some thought up , my mate told me , answer that may or may not be true . If you take the job based on what you ask on an internet forum are you going to hold that forum to blame when it dosent work out ?

Would any one of you know what’s shifts rota like for Hoyer Petrolog, otherwise known as white fleet, please?
Apparently that’s how you get employed by Hoyer first before you get a chance of moving onto a better contract.
I’ve heard it’s 12 or 14 days set up , but don’t know anything more about it.

Thanks

The contracts that Hoyer are employing on are nothing like the original BP or Esso ones, your basically on around £3 less an hour , less holiday pay, less sick pay and lower daily guarantee. We’ve had drivers forced to take 5 days holiday in Jan whilst it’s quiet but they have still had agency drivers in doing our work.
Hoyer are not a good company to work for…