Hoyer Bitumen Dagenham

Hi there,anyone working for this company,since they called me for an interview?I’ve seen some other topics that the start times are ■■■■ (00:00-05:00).I’ve knew one guy at my previous workplace that had passed all the assessments and was supposed to start the “next day”(got his uniform and shift pattern) but he decided not to do it because of those hours and he didn’t gave me more details.Pay is 18£ an hour after 8 hours is 19£ and Saturdays 21£. Any advice is welcomed;)

Haven’t worked for them, but generally if the pay is much higher than the usual dross there’s several reasons for it, one of which is shift patterns and start times, this applies to all good paying jobs, no bugger pays top dollar for mon to fri 6/7am permanent starts with 4pm finishes unless the job is filthy or smelly or serious graft.

A few years ago, when Hoyer’s fuel tanker drivers were striking for better pay (and getting some stick here it must be said for bettering themselves :unamused: :unamused: ) one of their drivers put his pay slip up which showed the hours he had done, he also stated his shift pattern…put it this way they deserved every penny of their pay.

I used to work on the bitumen job, though not for Hoyer, and early start times are the norm. Everyone wants their delivery early doors so they can mix the stone and get out laying. We always had a few drives start at 0001, I’d say 0200-0500 start would be normal and anything after 0600 was a lie-in.

It’s a black old job if you are sharing a motor with a dirty workmate