How's this for parking?!

I was on my way to work last night, had some time to kill so I went into KFC near Trafford Park, across the road from Old Trafford ground, the one next door to Harry Ramsdens.

Minding my own business, eating my dinner, staring out of the window…

Now then, how difficult is it to park in-between the white lines of a parking space? Are the lines there to make the place look pretty? What are they for? The Fiesta on the left was the first one there, and yes, it was a woman! Notice the man’s car, the BMW on the right, you see it’s not that hard… Then another woman drives in and “parks” in-between the 2…

I had to get my phone out and take these.
:laughing: :laughing:

I always park across 2 spaces in car parks, but always well away from the closest points. The reason I do this is to stop people parking either side of me and save my car bodywork for dents where ignorant people slam their own car doors into it without a care in the world :angry: .

Sorry if it upsets you enough to warrant posting a minimum of 3 pics on internet forums, but frankly I don’t give a toss. Deal with it.

In the local car parks in Carmarthenshire they will give you a ticket for not parking in the marked bay on the grouds that you’ve paid for one but using two.

Rob K:
I always park across 2 spaces in car parks, but always well away from the closest points. The reason I do this is to stop people parking either side of me and save my car bodywork for dents where ignorant people slam their own car doors into it without a care in the world :angry: .

I agree with this, if the car park isn’t near full and you park out the way this is a good idea. When you do make the effort to park out the way you can guarantee (for some inexplicable reason) that someone will try to park 2 inches from your door, so this prevents this.

gardun:
In the local car parks in Carmarthenshire they will give you a ticket for not parking in the marked bay on the grouds that you’ve paid for one but using two.

Well if you’re having to pay for the space then fair enough, I’ve no problem with that logic.

gardun:

what if you put 2 pay and display tickets in it? where would you stand then?

You could probably argue the case in court, but it’s probably easier to use just one space :laughing:

Probably a female driver :unamused:

My missus solves the parking problem,by parking at the other end of the car park at the local Morrisons,and it’s usually that far away,she needs to get a taxi to the front door!!! :laughing: :laughing:

Ken.

Parking at the supermarket has greatly improved for me since I got my temporary (6 month) disabled parking placard…I can’t help feeling guilty even though I deserve one :blush: