Hows Things going in Glasgow and surrounding areas?

Hey Fellas. Could any one share some information about jobs and pay in Scotland? Glasgow and around.

I browse online adds for work and i see company’s do advertise, but no numbers. Competitive rates only. What the fak that means is a mystery.

I am considering in change of scenery. I like Surrey but it is getting harder to make ends meet. Rent prices just doesn’t add up.

Any information would be handy.

Like. Tipper work pay .
Skips.
Class 1 tipper work.
Class 2 multi drop.
Class 1 daily work ( home every night).
Class 1 week away from home.

Any one finding time to write will have my gratitude.

It’s all agency ■■■■■■ But there’s plenty of it. They’re screaming out for tipper drivers, mostly C2, but some C1 as well. For those that are advertising rates, looks to be about £10-11 PAYE, maybe a quid or 2 more if self employed/ltd.

Multi-drop, as above, but £8-9/hr, unless you do nights & weekends, where it might be an extra quid.

Doesn’t seem to be much General haulage/tramping work going. All in all, it’s ■■■■■■ Will happily swap places with ya :laughing:

Edit: Oh, HIAB tickets seem to be in demand too, seen them advertising upto about £12-13/hr. Building/construction trade must be picking up.

They’re screaming out for tipper drivers

I would like to get in touch to those screamers :slight_smile:

Interesting stuff, i have to say.

Thx Man.

The need for tipper drivers probably has to do with the major road upgrades going on at baillieston, Bothwell and newhouse etc. Could only be a temporary thing.

Anyone know how many years the upgrades will take ■■?

norb:
Anyone know how many years the upgrades will take ■■?

Still another 2yrs till they’re complete as far as I know.[emoji35]

Chris1207:
It’s all agency [zb]. But there’s plenty of it. They’re screaming out for tipper drivers, mostly C2, but some C1 as well. For those that are advertising rates, looks to be about £10-11 PAYE, maybe a quid or 2 more if self employed/ltd.

Multi-drop, as above, but £8-9/hr, unless you do nights & weekends, where it might be an extra quid.

Doesn’t seem to be much General haulage/tramping work going. All in all, it’s [zb]. Will happily swap places with ya :laughing:

Agreed. I do agency work because I’m retired and only want somewhere about 20/30 hours per week. There seems to be plenty of work but a lot of it is absolute crap. You try to tell them what you want - e.g. class 1 dayshift, and not travelling any more than 25 miles to start a shift. What do they offer? Class 2 multi drop, or night trunks from Bellshill (50 miles away). Luckily I have a pension so I’m not going to starve if I don’t drive, and I have other local work I do as well which doesn’t involve lorries! Having said that I usually do manage to get a couple of HGV dayshifts per week. Getting some better shifts just now because it’s holiday time for a lot of people; but some months have been really quiet.

A&D logistics in johnstone near paisley usually are looking for drivers. Mostly containers, some flat and curtain work when I was there 6/7 years ago. Was with them for 3 years and only left coz I got a start on adr tanks somewhere else(more money).Kit is looked after as in they have their own mechanics. Absolutely no worries if stopped by vosa. Really liked the job there but money talks although its pretty average for the type of work in the area. I did local and distance with them and they have ran Europe in the past although it wasnt a regular thing,just now and again. If you are in the area and don’t want agency , give them a try.I cant comment on what there like now as its been a while. Also ,aldi in Bathgate are lookin for drivers,I assume for store deliveries,between £10 and £13 an hour

Have you tried Keedwells in Glasgow

Anywhere along the M8 corridor should be paying £10+ per hour on class 1. There is plenty of hour around although I cant comment on tippers etc as I have never been interested in those sectors. Agency rates vary from around £9 - £13 per hour on days depending on the agency and contract and there is more than enough work available

My Hat is of to all of you. This information is helping alot.

Thx.