How'd that happen?

Had a busy day Monday. 1st driving stint showed 4h29 on the display when i stopped for a break. 2nd stint was 3h44 when i stopped for a 2nd 45 and the 3rd stint was 1h42. 9h55 i worked it out as. So imagine my surprise when going thru the tacho at the end of the day to get my totals the driving time showed me as having done 10h06. How’d that happen? I got a print out to do some adding and the 1st stint came to 4h35 and the 2nd to 3h48. Didn’t bother counting the 3rd cos i knew that was gonna lie too.

So what i want to know is: How’d that happen? Why does the display not show what time the tacho is really thinking? I was on a London multi drop so was start/stopping all day. Would that make a difference? I know the display can clock up 2mins for driving 10 feet so i know the tacho wasn’t a true reflection of my actual driving time anyway. But what ■■■■■■ me off is that now clocks up as an infringement and Mr. Vosa can fine me if he wants to be an arse. There is no way to prove what the display was showing when i stopped. Digitachs - i hate em, i really do.

Star stopping always kills it. Also when you come to a hault and switch it straight to break, you’re still driving for a further two minutes before the rest period will commence

Steve-o:
Star stopping always kills it. Also when you come to a hault and switch it straight to break, you’re still driving for a further two minutes before the rest period will commence

Really? Thats a swizz.

It’s better to pretend 4:25 is the new 4:30. That’s what I do anyway :sunglasses:

So basically you are using a piece of equipment that is supposed to keep you within the law, yet doesn’t!!

How the hell are you to drive to your limits when a VOSA are likely to believe a flawed bit of kit over sensibility??

Steve-o:
It’s better to pretend 4:25 is the new 4:30.

At the end of the day, that 5 minutes could get you to a better lay-by, or even better, base, in which case you have stayed within the law, but then crappy Mr Tacho puts you over!