How would you vote?

If you could draft in one of the last ten Prime Ministers (in their prime) to help out right now and put Britain back into shape, who would it be?

I have purposely left out Winston Churchill because he would probably win due to it being so close to Armistice day :stuck_out_tongue:

November Poll.JPG

Could be a one horse race again!

go on then, which idiot has voted for Tony B.liar?

the man who has put more stealth into taxes than the americans put on their bombers :unamused:

The fact that Maggie has a 60% share of the vote just shows how dumb the average voter is…turkeys voting for Christmas springs to mind!

44 Tonne Ton:
The fact that Maggie has a 60% share of the vote just shows how dumb the average voter is…turkeys voting for Christmas springs to mind!

From two separate sources, hmm, maybe the few who voted for the others have got it wrong.

44 Tonne Ton:

OK then I’m dumb (in your opinion) but at least when Maggie told a bare faced lie you tended to believe her, not like the tossers of today.

raymundo:

44 Tonne Ton:

OK then I’m dumb (in your opinion) but at least when Maggie told a bare faced lie you tended to believe her, not like the tossers of today.

And she stuck to it, she didn’t change her stance on the lie when the wind changed direction.

Coffeeholic:

raymundo:

44 Tonne Ton:

And she stuck to it, she didn’t change her stance on the lie when the wind changed direction.

She is the only one in the list who has already “put Britain back into shape”.
Love her or hate her, in her prime, as the question says, she was worth as much
as all the rest put together.
I have little time for politicians of any colour.
However,when she started we were skint and when she finished we weren’t.

Regards,
Nick.

RoseTintedGlasses.JPG

ncooper:

Coffeeholic:

raymundo:

44 Tonne Ton:

She is the only one in the list who has already “put Britain back into shape”.
Love her or hate her, in her prime, as the question says, she was worth as much
as all the rest put together.
I have little time for politicians of any colour.
However,when she started we were skint and when she finished we weren’t.

Regards,
Nick.

This^

Denis Healey was the best Prime Minister we never had.If the labour party had the balls to have elected him as leader instead of Michael Foot,he would have been an excellent PM.

Dave the Renegade:
Denis Healey was the best Prime Minister we never had.If the labour party had the balls to have elected him as leader instead of Michael Foot,he would have been an excellent PM.

I am not a labour man but I also think if John Smith had not died suddenly letting that smarmy Bliar in things would have been very different.

Whilst watching the parade at the Cenotaph today, the only man who looked like a leader was John Major, the rest looked like a line up for a comedy TV series.

I pictured him without Edwina, as that would have made him into a laughing stock

Im in a state of shock at how many sensible folk there obviously are on this forum. :open_mouth: Alas Camerons no Thatcher although he talks the talk i don’t think he walks the walk :frowning: unlike the great lady. :slight_smile:

Maggie Thatcher run this country into the ground.She sold off all the utilities ad knackered the industry.
I quite agree about Cameron being no good.I don’t think any of the current crop of politicians from any of the party’s are any good.

Wheel Nut:

Dave the Renegade:

I am not a labour man but I also think if John Smith had not died suddenly letting that smarmy Bliar in things would have been very different.

Whilst watching the parade at the Cenotaph today, the only man who looked like a leader was John Major, the rest looked like a line up for a comedy TV series.

I pictured him without Edwina, as that would have made him into a laughing stock

Christ on a bike Malc, what tablets are you on■■? Would have been interesting to see how John Smith did. One of the few politicians I couldn’t help liking.

pavaroti:
Im in a state of shock at how many sensible folk there obviously are on this forum. :open_mouth: Alas Camerons no Thatcher although he talks the talk i don’t think he walks the walk :frowning: unlike the great lady. :slight_smile:

FFS, a weegie Maggie lover! Dae they know aboot you up there? :grimacing:

Did you leave these in the truck BTW? :wink:

Pav'sbunnet!.jpg
Pav'sFingerWarmers!.jpg

The first time that I was made redundant was 1 month before Maggie came to office. This Country was in an absolutely diabolical state at that time.

44 Tonne Ton:

pavaroti:

FFS, a weegie Maggie lover! Dae they know aboot you up there? :grimacing:

Did you leave these in the truck BTW? :wink:

:laughing: I ain’t no weegie im proud to say :grimacing: just very unfortunate to live in Glasgow. :cry: :grimacing:

Quite a few views, not so many votes, it is only for fun, you will get a proper vote once millipede has gone

Maggie every time, and Im a Daily Mail reader as well!!! :stuck_out_tongue:

Had a fantastic argument one night in a bar in Basle around 1989 / 90. Me and a mate of mine were there one Saturday night,parked up for the weekend waiting to clear Monday morning. So in the evening we decided to take a stroll as you do and sample the local bars.After trying a few and as the temp was dropping abit we found a nice bar and decided to stay there. After a few hours had gone bye and drink after drink had gone down we were getting on well with the bar staff. About 11ish the door banged open and this gruff aggressive little (zb) in a long coat marches up to the bar, barks out his demand for a beer, glares at us then back at the barman, mutters something under his breath, picks up his beer and, still standing at the bar,turns his back on us.

No problem with that and me and my mate have a few laughs about it and carry on drinking. Anyway,after about half an hour and a few free beers , this little (zb) turns around, nods his head towards us while looking at the barman and makes some comment about “Les Ros-Beefs”. The barman looks at us then back at the (zb), mumbles something to him, gives him another beer the disappears out the back. Now at this point my interest is up so, with a smile on my face,I politely say to our new friend in my best french something along the lines of “good evening monsieur,is there a problem” We get ignored at first but after a little persistence he softens, turns and begins to chat.

Now this (zb) had a real attitude, especially to the bar staff, in fact I don’t think he liked anyone. Turns out he supported Jean-Marie Le Pen, the French national front candidate. he hated all foreigners, particularly, “Les Pieds Noir”, this is the term the French use when referring to immigrants from Africa.

As the conversation wore on, me and my mate started to tease him gently about Le Pen and Europe in general. He was getting more drunk and yet still the barman served him, without charge or comment although he did say to my mate that maybe “WE” should quieten down a bit. Now we get to the crux of the evening. Me and my new friend were debating the pros and cons of our respective countries when he said the Le Penn would make a fine president for France, I laughed and said something along the lines of “ok, Le Penn can run France but there is only one person capable of running Europe” With that he looked at me through his bloodshot and piggy little eyes and said “Who??” “Well who else” I said “but Madam THATCHER”!! …“MAGGIE!!!”

Well, there was a glaring silence which seemed to last for about 10 seconds, then he exploded!!! :laughing: :laughing:

MAGGIE■■?, he shouted…THATCHER■■?..and then he let rip a long and loud stream of god knows what in French about our beloved leader. :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

There was plenty of table thumping, foot stamping and beer glass slamming going on,the barman disappeared out the back again and me and my mate were wetting ourselves. Eventually, after about 5 minutes he slammed his glass down, turned on his heel and left the bar throwing a few insults at me and my mate. :laughing:

After he had gone I asked the barman who our new friend was. Turns out he was a big shot in the local police :open_mouth: :open_mouth: , hence not paying for his booze and his arrogant and aloof attitude…and he hated Mrs Thatcher and the way she was with the rest of Europe.

It was a great night out in the end, one of those unplanned occurrences that used to happen every now and again anywhere around Europe and made the job what it was then.

Maybe Maggie should come back and sort the mess out that we find ourselves in now!! :wink: