How would you distribute this load?

If you put 10 tonne on the headboard and have to drop the trailer then don’t be surprised if the legs give in and the lot ends up on the deck :laughing:
And that’s going from knowing someone it’s happened to with 10 tonne exactly there. It’s easy saying it fits right that way but it could be over loading the front axle to the metal on metal isn’t a good combo but could it be loaded on timber? Could the sheets have separating timbers? Loads of info not really there for us to judge but at with what we know I would never stack 10 tonne on the headboard personally and 5 on the back of the trailer you never know when you’ll need to swap with another driver.

I would have thought It will be 5 -5 - then pallets so 5 tonnes somewhere over the legs/middle of trailer depending on the size of the sheet.

Bluey Circles:

Captain Caveman 76:
Might need to fill the empty space between with empty pallets so you get a “positive fit”. DV$A seem to be quite keen on that at the moment.

Is that what it is called (making sure there is no empty spaces on the bed, so even without securing it could not slide forward) I have never heard that expression before. But a tactic I have always used where possible, nice to have a buzz word for it now.

I believe it’s a requirement for load bearing curtains to be considered appropriate restraint. The full bed must be loaded front to back and side to side.

At a recent DV$A fundraising event I saw one driver fined for spreading his load over the axles. Despite it being strapped to death, he was still fined for having an insecure load because there was nothing to stop the rear load shifting forward (or something like that).