How to view driving hours

How do i view how many driving hours I’ve got left on the tacho ?

youtube.com/watch?v=nch2UBgtDxM

Jump to minute 17:00 mate.He does go on…

Brilliant thanks :wink:

newboy23:
How do i view how many driving hours I’ve got left on the tacho ?

What type of Tacho?

actually i tried this today (the down button) and it did not work. It did switch to the menu as on the youtube video but it had no data on the screen, just ----- everywhere. The printout says it is Siemens vdo. What have i done wrong?

Priest:
actually i tried this today (the down button) and it did not work. It did switch to the menu as on the youtube video but it had no data on the screen, just ----- everywhere. The printout says it is Siemens vdo. What have i done wrong?

Did it have the mode symbols there? You usually end up with the lines either shortly after you insert your card OR when the tacho comes back on (ignition on) after it powers down shortly after you turn off the ignition. HTH

Greeny3:

Priest:

Did it have the mode symbols there? You usually end up with the lines either shortly after you insert your card OR when the tacho comes back on (ignition on) after it powers down shortly after you turn off the ignition. HTH

thanks for that, it had all the symbols, as on the youtube video but no figures, just ----'s. i am not sure but it is quite possible i did it after turning the ignition on

For a start your driver card needs to be inserted or there’s no data. :unamused:

With the card in and vehicle stationary press down once. You will get:

Top left - current driving period
Bottom left - two weekly driving
Bottom right - current activity
Top right - valid interruption. This is total of any POA or break over 15 minutes

That is the best you’ll get from a Tacho made prior to 2012 - that’s a version 1

From 2012 we get version 2. That’ll give you the same - BUT - press down again and you get the same info for driver two. Press down again and you’ll get the VDO info screens. I can’t remember the exact order of the VDO screens but if I remember rightly there are five screens - one of which shows the remaining drive out of 10 hours (or 9 if both 10’s have been used) as well as lots of other good info

Just keep pressing down :smiley:

Priest:

Greeny3:

Priest:

thanks for that, it had all the symbols, as on the youtube video but no figures, just ----'s. i am not sure but it is quite possible i did it after turning the ignition on

You’re welcome. Similarly, you’ll get the same lines on the display if your tacho has gone off me you press the button with the ignition still off. Takes around a minute to process the data and display it.