How To Speed Up Driving Licence Changes

I have sent my licence off to have C+E added and I am unable to get any work until it is either on the DVLA web site or I can produce the plastic licence.

This is a real pain as I am good to go.

Has anyone had any experience of being able to chase this down and get it online quicker, if so any tips would be welcome please.

Or

Does anyone know of how I can get around this with agencies by getting them to just accept the Pass Certificate

There must be a way around this, someone must know

Cheers

If companies or agencies won’t accept your pass certificate nothing else you can do.

Unless it has been processed at DVLA then it won’t be updated online until it has been and then may take a day or so to be updated online possibly.

There is no way you can speed up the DVLA they take as long or as short as they do.

I found having an address in Wales helped. I had medical on 23/11/2017, send licence off following day and new one arrives on 2/12/2017. Never had service like that when I lived in England.

Mine came back within 2 weeks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Look on it as a free lesson in acquiring the skill of patience, which is a pre-requisite of the career path you have chosen to follow. :stuck_out_tongue:

Harry Monk:
Look on it as a free lesson in acquiring the skill of patience, which is a pre-requisite of the career path you have chosen to follow. :stuck_out_tongue:

There is a lot of hurry up and wait.

NoClass:

Harry Monk:

There is a lot of hurry up and wait.

:slight_smile: :slight_smile: :slight_smile: :slight_smile:

You or anyone you give permission to, can check your driving licence details.
If like me, you are awaiting the return of your licence, providing you are sure there’s no reason to refuse your licence renewal, you can continue to drive under section 88.
Try this link:
gov.uk/view-driving-licence
I did, but it only said my current entitlement had expired, didn’t say that my new application was being processed, but when I 'phoned they did confirm my application was in the process queue and I could continue to drive under section 88 until my licence was returned or I heard from them otherwise.