How to replace door mirror glass Man TGX

Does anyone know how you replace the glass on a Man Tgx 2017?
I have the replacement mirror glass and am guessing that I need to unclip the outer casing from the mirror housing can’t seem to unclip it. I managed to break on e of the clips whilst looking so am reluctant to try again incase another one snaps.
Thanks

All plastic fitting like these are brittle and prone to snapping in the cold, try and get the cab into a warm workshop for a few hours and the cover will probably unclip much easier.

It is a few years since I changed on but, usually you either push (or use to motor) to point the mirror down. Then slide the lens assembly up and off of the mounting bracket. If you look at the back of your new lens you should see the slot that slides onto the mounting bracket. usually you will need to disconnect and reconnect the heater wires which just pull off. :wink:

Ring fleet , get E number , taking to the garage / scania ( or in your case man ) & let them sort it , very easy procedure
Nb I somehow put a small scratch on my mrs car door ( her pride & joy & she misses nothing ) so I tried to touch it in , what started out as a small scratch ended up me paying for a full spray of side of car to blend it as I’d made the small scratch a 6 inch dia mess

poleman:
It is a few years since I changed on but, usually you either push (or use to motor) to point the mirror down. Then slide the lens assembly up and off of the mounting bracket. If you look at the back of your new lens you should see the slot that slides onto the mounting bracket. usually you will need to disconnect and reconnect the heater wires which just pull off. :wink:

Spot on, thank you. All done now and finally my mirror now only points in one direction.

Appreciation to everyone else too.

dozy:
Ring fleet , get E number , taking to the garage / scania ( or in your case man ) & let them sort it , very easy procedure
Nb I somehow put a small scratch on my mrs car door ( her pride & joy & she misses nothing ) so I tried to touch it in , what started out as a small scratch ended up me paying for a full spray of side of car to blend it as I’d made the small scratch a 6 inch dia mess

42DCB98D-E36F-4B00-9F58-63A5CB41B9CD.gif