How to get my £1000 fuel payment back

Hello, one and all,

During a momentary lapse of reason (on at least 2 occasions in one week :cry: ) I put fuel into the company vehicle at my own expense! I know… A very stupid thing to do! but ‘hey ho’ I was just trying to do the right thing and keep the ‘show on the road’ so to speak.

On the 3rd occasion, I refused to take the lorry out and was told to take the fuel card from a returned vehicle (if and when there was one :unamused: ) and refuel for the day man. This didn’t quite work out to plan;) After a confrontation with an Afghani driver who clearly didn’t understand the subtleties of the English language (why I was taking his fuel card) or the fact that it is considered poor form to threaten violence to an old fella who has just finished a 14-hour shift! Needless to say, it ended badly for him in the form of a left and right hook! And before anyone decries my actions! it was verifiable from CCTV and independent witnesses that he attacked me first… just not as quickly as he had hoped;)

I have now been fired off from this outfit… Which is a pity because I did enjoy the company and the people I worked with just not the idiocracy of the agency HR 'manager :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: ’ who is a complete and utter car crash! Despite being told that my money would be paid back to me within 24 hours it’s now been 3 weeks… any advice??

youtu.be/Jey2BKMXhVw

gov.uk/make-money-claim

Polite and businesslike ‘final demand’ to the company. Give then 24 hours before commencing legal action to obtain a County Court Judgement.
Include the phrase 'failure to settle immediately will damage your credit rating with the bank and good repute with the Traffic Commissioner."
To hold an O Licence, you must be of good financial repute…an outstanding CCJ calls your financial repute into question.

Franglais:
https://youtu.be/Jey2BKMXhVw

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:
Love it Franglais

CallumC:
any advice??

Yes.

Try harder.

CallumC:
After a confrontation with an Afghani driver

Hmmm. Not a British driver. Predictable. Im sensing something fishy afoot

CallumC:
Needless to say, it ended badly for him in the form of a left and right hook! And before anyone decries my actions! it was verifiable from CCTV and independent witnesses that he attacked me first… just not as quickly as he had hoped;)

Yep. Over shot the runway there mate. Took it too far.

Nice try though

CallumC:
Hello, one and all,

During a momentary lapse of reason (on at least 2 occasions in one week :cry: ) I put fuel into the company vehicle at my own expense! I know… A very stupid thing to do! but ‘hey ho’ I was just trying to do the right thing and keep the ‘show on the road’ so to speak.

In what way would it be “the right thing” to put £1,000s worth of fuel into your employer’s truck at your own expense?

I’d suggest you just walk away and chalk it down to experience.

Harry Monk:
In what way would it be “the right thing” to put £1,000s worth of fuel into your employer’s truck at your own expense?

Look on the bright side probably got 500 quid of it back in wages. :open_mouth: :laughing:

Go back to said office and pull yourtrousers down. Bend over amf let them ram it tight up you for being a knob for putting fuel in the wagon off your own money.

Shouldve drove it flat to the mat on fumes till it ran out.

As for the afghan…poor guy hes here because we went and blew up his country for heroin.

GasGas:
Polite and businesslike ‘final demand’ to the company. Give then 24 hours before commencing legal action to obtain a County Court Judgement.
Include the phrase 'failure to settle immediately will damage your credit rating with the bank and good repute with the Traffic Commissioner."
To hold an O Licence, you must be of good financial repute…an outstanding CCJ calls your financial repute into question.

Absolutely, go over the top, include copies of your receipts (Keep the originals if you still have them), a copy (if it even exists) of any part of your contract (of it even exists) that says the Co will provide fuel card/pay for fuel, the a couple of lines as to when, where and why you had to buy the fuel, when, where and how you tried to claim it back and that to date it hs not been paid. Preferably hand deliver and/or send by recorded delivery and email to the MD, Company secretary (if limited company) and the TM. Give a reasonable time scale, especially these days and 5 days would seem long enough. Set a specific date and time as to when payment needs to be received, for example by 5pm on Thursday 26th. Include the fact you will make a civil claim on Friday 27th and this will include all costs you have incurred - including any interest that you may have paid for on the £1k of your credit card. But absolutely make notes of when and who you speak to, make a final phone call before sending the letter. Remembering they can make an immediate back payment. It all goes to show, should it become a court claim, that you have done all you can to help the payment happen.
One last bit, if you go the route of a final demand and the option of taking civil action, if they don’t pay up and you fail to take the civil action when you say then you can say goodbye to your £1k. Its not difficult to do, just need to get things lined up to support your claim

Acorn:

GasGas:

Absolutely, go over the top, include copies of your receipts (Keep the originals if you still have them), a copy (if it even exists) of any part of your contract (of it even exists) that says the Co will provide fuel card/pay for fuel, the a couple of lines as to when, where and why you had to buy the fuel, when, where and how you tried to claim it back and that to date it hs not been paid. Preferably hand deliver and/or send by recorded delivery and email to the MD, Company secretary (if limited company) and the TM. Give a reasonable time scale, especially these days and 5 days would seem long enough. Set a specific date and time as to when payment needs to be received, for example by 5pm on Thursday 26th. Include the fact you will make a civil claim on Friday 27th and this will include all costs you have incurred - including any interest that you may have paid for on the £1k of your credit card. But absolutely make notes of when and who you speak to, make a final phone call before sending the letter. Remembering they can make an immediate back payment. It all goes to show, should it become a court claim, that you have done all you can to help the payment happen.
One last bit, if you go the route of a final demand and the option of taking civil action, if they don’t pay up and you fail to take the civil action when you say then you can say goodbye to your £1k. Its not difficult to do, just need to get things lined up to support your claim

But why■■? IT NEVER HAPPENED! He is full of ■■■■. Next he will be telling us he survived the sinking of the Herald of Free Enterprise as he was too busy beating up Iranian terrorists inside THE embassy.

msgyorkie:

Acorn:

GasGas:

But why■■? IT NEVER HAPPENED! He is full of [zb]. Next he will be telling us he survived the sinking of the Herald of Free Enterprise as he was too busy beating up Iranian terrorists inside THE embassy.

Fully agree with you msgyorkie, but there maybe some embarrassed gullible person out there who the advice above may help

Harry Monk:

CallumC:
Hello, one and all,

I did this when in the Foreign, due to agency card saying non, put couple hundred euros worth in, returned back was paid on returning, How it should be done.

Letter before action, send letter with proof and ask for money back if not will go to small claims court, if you have the receipt and bank statement its a no brainer and they will have to pay court costs so they will most likely just give you your money back.

msgyorkie:
Next he will be telling us he was too busy beating up Iranian terrorists inside THE embassy.

We didn’t beat anyone up we only shot em from memory. :smiling_imp: :laughing:

CallumC:
Hello, one and all,

On the 3rd occasion, I refused to take the lorry out and was told to take the fuel card from a returned vehicle (if and when there was one :unamused: ) and refuel for the day man. This didn’t quite work out to plan;) After a confrontation with an Afghani driver who clearly didn’t understand the subtleties of the English language (why I was taking his fuel card) or the fact that it is considered poor form to threaten violence to an old fella who has just finished a 14-hour shift! Needless to say, it ended badly for him in the form of a left and right hook! And before anyone decries my actions! it was verifiable from CCTV and independent witnesses that he attacked me first… just not as quickly as he had hoped;)

I have now been fired off from this outfit… Which is a pity because I did enjoy the company and the people I worked with just not the idiocracy of the agency HR 'manager :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: ’ who is a complete and utter car crash! Despite being told that my money would be paid back to me within 24 hours it’s now been 3 weeks… any advice??

EURXFgdWsAA3KAf.jpg

Ian58:

CallumC:
Hello, one and all,

Is it?

I’ve had/chosen to put fuel in a lorry using my credit card before. It was after my diesel was robbed. I was sacked after it happened - but fortunately did get my money back promptly. So perhaps I could have been the guy asking for help… Yet I wouldn’t be speaking total ■■■■■■■■ as you like to put it.

For the record - my tank was drained so much the night heater stopped working. When I turned the engine on within a few seconds it died. I had scania assist come out but they only put in 20l or something pathetic… Given I had about 150 miles to get back to base it was either me use my card or wait for a manager to come in and sort it. So I did what i thought was best.

worldsbestdriver:

Ian58:

CallumC:
Hello, one and all,

Is it?

I’ve had/chosen to put fuel in a lorry using my credit card before. It was after my diesel was robbed. I was sacked after it happened - but fortunately did get my money back promptly. So perhaps I could have been the guy asking for help… Yet I wouldn’t be speaking total ■■■■■■■■ as you like to put it.

For the record - my tank was drained so much the night heater stopped working. When I turned the engine on within a few seconds it died. I had scania assist come out but they only put in 20l or something pathetic… Given I had about 150 miles to get back to base it was either me use my card or wait for a manager to come in and sort it. So I did what i thought was best.

You got sack for being robbed? or you got sack for being somewhere you shouldn’t have been!

worldsbestdriver:

Ian58:

CallumC:
Hello, one and all,

Is it?

Yer but mate its the bit where he reckons he beat up an Afghani is where he lets his story down.
I too once put some diesel in the wagon when I was on the red and no BP around the area. The gaffa gave me the cash on return to yard no problems.