How to get in to Tipper Driving?

Hi guys.
Hope your all doing well?

Really need some advise. How on earth does one get in to tipper driving? I’ve some experience at being an aircraft Refueller & delivering food & catering equipment to airports across the south of England.

However I would like to do something different & get involved with tipper work. I’m 34 and have had my licence for 3 years. Every time I go for the Jon
B with various tipper company’s in my area I’m simply told I’m not experienced enough without even meeting me. Any ideas how I can over come this herdal?

Thank you in advance

Cheers for all the advice & tips guys

Tipper driving really interests me too spoke To a few friends who said the craic is good.
Called several companies local to me and without experience it was a no go, however the company’s I did call also do skips, so my plan is to find my way in through skip work.
Called a few of the local smaller skip company’s and got lots of positive feedback for future work as they struggle to get drivers when needed at short notice when required.

Of course I am a brand new pass so I could be living in hope and speaking out if my a**e in which case ignore the above :wink:

Basically you have to drive like ■■■■ and not give a ■■■■ about the rules of the road.

htfc1984:
Basically you have to drive like [zb] and not give a [zb] about the rules of the road.

A very new driver myself but from what I’ve seen of tipper and skip drivers this would appear to be true :laughing: :laughing:

If you want a start in tipper driving go knock on the doors on a monday morning ready to go and someone will give you a chance.

htfc1984:
Basically you have to drive like [zb] and not give a [zb] about the rules of the road.

I was resisting the temptation of posting silly answers until there were some sensible replies, but as you’ve started… :smiley:

Don’t wash for a week and roll around on the ground before your interview! :open_mouth:

over here its …can i get a start?..yes…£70 per day,or by the trip which will work out at £80 per day…if your not good to go now,then come in at 6 in the morning…and itl be a easy day if its just 12 hours.

Evil8Beezle:

htfc1984:

I was resisting the temptation of posting silly answers until there were some sensible replies, but as you’ve started… :smiley:

Don’t wash for a week and roll around on the ground before your interview! :open_mouth:

Well, that`s the sensible answers out of the way then.

I don’t know where this idea that all tipper drivers are driving around like lunatics comes from.

Here in the south Central belt of Scotland, drivers are allowed to have their breaks, driving hours are adhered to, and drivers are left to get on with it.

Can’t speak for other parts of the country though.

Supatramp:
I don’t know where this idea that all tipper drivers are driving around like lunatics comes from.

Here in the south Central belt of Scotland, drivers are allowed to have their breaks, driving hours are adhered to, and drivers are left to get on with it.

Can’t speak for other parts of the country though.

Thats all depends on what company it is within the central belt.