How to book your theory test?

I must be thick because I cant find where exactly to book my theory test. I thought you just sat it at the usual theory test centre where you would sit your car test. But it isn’t give me that option.
I am in Glasgow if that matters>?
Also- How much preparation does it require on average? I haven’t started studying yet but I have a full pack with hazard perception, highway code, DVDs, sample questions etc from DSA.

Think if you beasted into it for a week you would be fine?

I booked mine on line, they gave me an option of venues and I went from there. Only trouble I had was getting the ■■■■ computer to give me theory and HPT on the same day… You will need your provisional licence though, so unless you have that with the paper part in your hand now you have to allow a few weeks for it to be processed and arrive…

iain

I have that already mate. You sat it yet?

booked it for the 29th, two weeks of revision as I cant start lessons until mid March :frowning:

My training provider booked mine both the theory & HPT they were then done on same day with consecutive times

They also provider the disc that I needed to practice

Anyody got a direct link to a theory test centre that allows you to sit your LGV theory test? I am about ready to throw my laptop off the wall. :smiling_imp:

this is the site I uses mate.

direct.gov.uk/en/Diol1/DoItO … heory_test

cHEERS Mate, booked for the 21st of Fe. Gives me nearly 2 weeks to swot up.

good luck mate, keep us informed :slight_smile:

Hi , I had the same prob with online booking so i rang them and the lady booked them for the same day, i found ringing them easier in the long run :wink: And good Luck

Medaluk:
Hi , I had the same prob with online booking so i rang them and the lady booked them for the same day, i found ringing them easier in the long run :wink: And good Luck

I found easier my training provider booking them :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

I’m a clown! I booked it for the 21st thinking it was 2 weeks away (even though I booked it on Valentines day…) so I have 6 days to study!

BBOY13:
I’m a clown! I booked it for the 21st thinking it was 2 weeks away (even though I booked it on Valentines day…) so I have 6 days to study!

It can be changed if you give them 3 working days notice.

Mind you a week of intensive reading should be enough really.

Worth its weight in gold. Well worth buying if your due to sit your theory test soon.

It literally lists all the questions that could possibly appear on your actual test and all the possible answers. It also tells you which answer is the correct answer and why.

I brought mine off of Amazon.co.uk

Aye mate I have the DVD for it. Unfortunately I cant install in on my bird’s laptop for some reason, library wont allow me to do it so I will need to go and see my Dad and try and use his laptop. I am not going to delay my booking if I do it on Tuesday I will have it passed quicker and gets me focussed on passing.

I wouldn’t loose sleep over the hazard perception test. Its the same as the harard perception test for a car test. On my class C haz persep test some of the videos were actually the exact same ones I had a few years previously on my car haz persep test. :smiley:

i am loosing sleep on that, but I passed 22 years ago and am having trouble remembering that its the actual hazard not the perceived one I need to click…

family walking toward a zebra crossing ok, at zebra crossing click. that sort of shizzle

The HPT is the same for the bike. car, HGV, & Bus

Do it once see how you do but dont worry too much about it

Depends what kind of lappy you are trying to install it on can you not use it without installing it :question: as in just plae CD Rom into lappy then load up as like watching a DVD

on a high point had a digi tacho/drivers hours multiple guess test at an agency today and passed it with flying colours :slight_smile: guess that cd is doing some good after all :slight_smile:

Aye the hazard perception plays ok. It is the theory test CD Rom that I cant install on my birds laptop for some reason. Was working earlier on my dads though.