How to be able to deliver DCPC training

I’m wanting to expand my skills within the instructor / trainer profession.

So pretty much as the title suggests I’m wanting to become a trainer who can deliver periodic DCPC. I’ve had a quick look online about companies who provide the training and got a rough idea of cost but has anyone on here done it? Or have any recommendations? Pm me if you would rather any information be kept private.

Admins sorry if this is in the wrong forum. Thanks

I’ve not delivered DCPC training but I have done training in the past.

Its a fair bit of work at the start as you build up your course materials and write your lesson plans. Once you’ve done a few though it then becomes repetition.

You do however need to have a quite strong personality and be able to project authority and to shut down trouble makers/hecklers because if you can’t then the lessons just turn into a crapfest where the students, some who will be paying with their own money and wanting to learn, just end up sat there on their phones, talking to each other, interrupting to the point you can’t teach anything.

Have you done any official registration or training ? Can you recommend anywhere?

Mine was done with the forces.

Make your lessons as interesting as possible. My ADR instructor was a Liverpudlian who was a tanker driver for 20+ years. For every topic he had a story.

I’ve done it - set it up at TTX in Oldham back in 2009, then moved on and setup my own approved centre, been doing it since.

Times are hard mate - but there’ll be a boom coming.

Message me if you like

Pete

I havent met anyone with anything positive to say about their DCPC experience.I have been a sailing instructor and mostly enjoyed myself as much as my clients.The DCPC isnt fit for purpose and your customers wont want to be there its all negative atmosphere.I have had 3 instructors for my 5 modules, one a female knew her stuff but the other 2 were not good at all.

Learn machine code: Fortran, Algol even Basic would help. Since trucks will be driven by machines soon you’ll need to he able to communicate with them.

Sent from my GT-S7275R using Tapatalk

I did it during the big rush in 2014 and I’ll probably do it again in 2019 if it looks like there is another backlog. I went to evening classes to get a teaching qualification then set up, I had a captive audience training our company’s drivers to cover all the set up costs (about £2000 IIRC). I’ve spoken to a few consortiums since and they have all said I can deliver their training. Some have said I would need to pop in and see them for some orientation regarding their paperwork and uploads but no-one has insisted on me paying for their training course. I can echo alammcculloch’s and conor’s comments. Training our own drivers was okay as there was a pre-existing rapport, but I found that with others none of them really wanted to be there and it was a thankless task (but well paid at the time). I don’t think it pays very well at the moment and if you are delivering someone else’s course you can’t really adapt it to be more interesting. If you go the consortium route there’s not much meat left on the bone if you have to hire a venue and pay them their cut.

Franglais:
Learn machine code: Fortran, Algol even Basic would help. Since trucks will be driven by machines soon you’ll need to he able to communicate with them.

:laughing: :laughing:

Nice one :smiley: