How stupid can you be?

mobile.twitter.com/SussexRoadsP … gr%5Etweet

You dont need a twitter account to open that page, but if you dont want to, the driver was stoned on coke and weed whilst his trailer was 20% overweight!! Saying that it might not have been the trailer and actually the driver themselves!!! Or maybe it was the axles. Anyway, someone isnt going to be a lorry driver for much longer.

Straps over…

Steel. Everything shoved up the front and pinging like a loon.

Full house I’d say.

Compulsory drink/drug testing is coming folks, (like in other industries), and no one will be able to argue against it as long as knuckledraggers like this are driving trucks…

AU08MTE is the reg,

Bring it on.
I don’t take drugs

…Might not have got pulled in the first place, had there not been that handy checkpoint nearby AND the vehicle openly carrying what looks like a load of extra steel to fair capacity…

Maybe they only decided to do a spot drugs test after he got down from his cab, the fuzz saying “You’re soooo nicked” and him replying “Hey, it’s frothy, man”…

Cresta.jpg

What is the problem with strapping a load of steel piling with straps? The corners are rolled edges, so no chance of cutting through the straps.

I agree that the positioning is way off, and will be overloading his drive and lift axle.

yourhavingalarf:
Straps over…

Full house I’d say.

He’d already tipped the concrete blocks off the back, that’s why all that steel is up the front

biggriffin:

yourhavingalarf:
Straps over…

Full house I’d say.

He’d already tipped the concrete blocks off the back, that’s why all that steel is up the front

:laughing:

Just went past the weighbridge where he is and a crane is in currently in there re-positioning the load, so he’ll be all set to go in the next hour or so

Haha they gone to the effort of scrubbing out the number plates on the trailer and front of unit but missed the one on the rear of the unit

the nodding donkey:
What is the problem with strapping a load of steel piling with straps? The corners are rolled edges, so no chance of cutting through the straps.

I agree with you. although would have been better hooked to the chassis rail probably ?

manski:

the nodding donkey:

I agree with you. although would have been better hooked to the chassis rail probably ?

That depends on the shape and size of the raves. It’s a heavy duty flatbed, complete with posts, I expect the raves to be suitable to hook to. It’s not a tautliner, which are build as flimsy as possible. Having said that, I would also expect the trailer to have lashing rings along the edge of the deck…

the nodding donkey:

manski:

the nodding donkey:

That depends on the shape and size of the raves. It’s a heavy duty flatbed, complete with posts, I expect the raves to be suitable to hook to. It’s not a tautliner, which are build as flimsy as possible. Having said that, I would also expect the trailer to have lashing rings along the edge of the deck…

I’d have thought the same about lashing rings. If he’d loaded that properly he could have had a few ton of meat up front too.

I’d have thought the same about lashing rings. If he’d loaded that properly he could have had a few ton of meat up front too.
[/quote]
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
he would have needed proper load rated sky hooks if it was hanging beef. :wink:

dieseldog999:

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
[/quote]
:grimacing: :laughing:

Shouldn’t he have a V8 if he’s doing 44t plus change loads. Amateurs :unamused:

dieseldog999:

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
[/quote]
:smiley: Could have just chucked it on the deck.