How safe will training be?

Rich T:
If the social distance law is reduced to 1mtr this week, are your company able to start testing again?

Pete is already TRAINING and has been for a few weeks, the test however are controlled by the DVSA and they are currently not conducting tests at this time.

When will they begin testing ? That is anybodies guess, nobody knows, July, August, September, October, November, December or well into next year ?

Sadly, the answers given before I got here are 100% correct. But I am in regular (close to constant) contact with the top of DVSA and, although they haven’t yet given a date, my gut feeling is getting more positive. But this doesn’t translate into tests next week.

As stated, but to be absolutely clear, I own the training centre which, in part, also operates as a driving test centre. But I have zero control over tests restarting. Examiners are not our staff - they are seconded to us from DVSA. Once they are available, my staff will work relentlessly to secure as many tests as possible.

Be aware that I’ll post the good news as soon as it is publicly available. In the meantime, anyone wishing to train can call 01623 555661 and register their interest. No cost to that. When tests are available, dates will be offered. Only on acceptance of training/test dates will payment of a deposit be requested. You can withdraw your registration at any time if you wish.

As pointed out, we are currently training. This is on the basis that the last 2 - 4 hours of the course are left till soon before a confirmed test date. But the rest of it can be done now. I have one artic and one 12 tonner currently available. But this can be increased in an instant if required. This training can be done with a provisional licence but without theory tests. (These must be passed before practical test though). Simply call 01623 555661 and organise your slot. Currently, this would be early July. This option wont suit everyone, but some like it and see it as a way forward.

We are also conducting Mod 4 training and tests as we employ the Mod 4 assessors. We dont insist that you use our vehicle or that you train with us. So you can turn up in another trainer’s vehicle (as you would at any other test centre) and a member of staff will conduct your test. Clearly, a phone call to make the appointment and make payment is required. Standard fees apply (£55 for test only). This is to relieve pressure on DVSA examiners so they are able to conduct more driving tests.

Good luck all, stay safe, Pete :laughing: :laughing:

Just to keep the thread up to date, tests are available from July 13th in England. Scotland and Wales will follow in due course.

Pete :laughing: :laughing: