How quickly are speeding tickets relayed to police?

attended the course this morn, as i walked in i noticed an empty camera case laying on ground in the car park thought hmmm that might be handy for something ?so i pocketed it and in i went. About an hour in i happened to glance down a humungous spider was crawling out of my pocket quick as a flash i flicked him off and he landed on the deck near one of the ladies running my course. i then watched him make his way over the carpet and into her handbag sitting on the floor by the desk. heehee

My lad got flashed by a static camera in Chester on Tuesday, had the letter this Friday… I love to gloat, 35 years and not one endorsement… Smug as ■■■■ :laughing:

Roymondo:
Assuming the initial NIP was served within 14 days, Police have 6 months from date of offence to issue summonses.

Sent from my CLT-L09 using Tapatalk

Thanks. 6 months, wow. If they give me 3 pts automatically I should be able to check and see them appear on my license online on gov.uk at some point before the 6 months, I suppose?

ETS:

Roymondo:
Assuming the initial NIP was served within 14 days, Police have 6 months from date of offence to issue summonses.

Thanks. 6 months, wow. If they give me 3 pts automatically I should be able to check and see them appear on my license online on gov.uk at some point before the 6 months, I suppose?

You, the driver, will get a Fixed Penalty Notice before any fines imposed or points given. This gives you a chance to plead not guilty and argue your case.
Points don’t “automatically” appear on your licence.

Tailschwing:
Think I may have got my first speeding ticket as was flashed by a camera today doing a few mph over the limit.

I’m going to email the central ticket office as one of my colleagues did this recently and had a reply within 24hrs confirming he didn’t have a ticket (camera was obviously not active).

What I’m wondering is how soon the ticketing office is likely to be aware? Are the cameras linked to the office or do they get ticket updates 3x a week for instance?

What the hell are you worrying about,speeding tickets are one of the hazards of driving. No point in getting worked up about getting your first ticket its either Points and Pounds OR a day in a class room being bored stiff.If you or your Boss if you have one dont get the statutory NIP in 14 days your not getting done. Keep trucking be more careful in future,as most cases in driving for a living points on your licence dont make prizes.

lolipop:
If you or your Boss if you have one don`t get the statutory NIP in 14 days your not getting done.

Unless of course you are driving a hired vehicle, in which case the NIP goes to the hire company. You/your boss might not get one for several weeks (if at all).

Roymondo:

lolipop:
If you or your Boss if you have one don`t get the statutory NIP in 14 days your not getting done.

Unless of course you are driving a hired vehicle, in which case the NIP goes to the hire company. You/your boss might not get one for several weeks (if at all).

How would that work?
The hire company would not return the section 172? We are talking of LGVs here arent we? Not a companys fleet car.
Can a company show due diligence if it doesn`t know who is driving at any time, surely not?

Franglais:

Roymondo:

lolipop:

How would that work?
The hire company would not return the section 172? We are talking of LGVs here arent we? Not a companys fleet car.
Can a company show due diligence if it doesn`t know who is driving at any time, surely not?

A S172 notice is not a NIP (although they usually arrive in the same envelope, often on the same piece of paper). The legal requirement for a NIP ends once it has been sent to the registered keeper within 14 days. In the case of a hired truck that will be the hire company, not the haulier or driver. No further NIPs are required, so as I said, it could be several weeks before the haulier or driver get to hear about it as the S172 notice is returned and processed.

The assertion made was that if the haulier hasn’t received a NIP within 14 days then the driver is not going to be prosecuted. This is not true.

Well, against all expectations, the camera enforcement office emailed me back to advise that there are no outstanding tickets against my reg.

My only worry now is whether the film hadn’t yet been developed - it was only last Friday I got flashed.

It’s defo a modern gatso camera there. Are they linked to police system or manually emptied every few days?

Stop worrying about it.

I’ve had loads of times where I thought I got flashed but nothing has happened.
After a while you just stop giving a crap if it comes it comes.

I am not some wackyracer driver by the way. I have just been driving regularly in London and the m25… Camera central.

Fun little thing to do is if you see a driver overtaking you as you pass a speed camera at night flash your high beam superquick.
9 times out of 10 I suspect they think they got flashed by the camera.
Very childish. :grimacing:

I’m only worried because I can’t have more than 6 points with current employer and it’s only my first month with them - I’d hate to be at the stage where one more ticket = no job, although to be fair it does look like I may have gotten away with it.

Tailschwing:
Well, against all expectations, the camera enforcement office emailed me back to advise that there are no outstanding tickets against my reg.

My only worry now is whether the film hadn’t yet been developed - it was only last Friday I got flashed.

It’s defo a modern gatso camera there. Are they linked to police system or manually emptied every few days?

Get over it

Tailschwing:
I’m only worried because I can’t have more than 6 points with current employer and it’s only my first month with them - I’d hate to be at the stage where one more ticket = no job, although to be fair it does look like I may have gotten away with it.

Well if this is the case why are you speeding muppet

Can’t he…

Just keep getting speeding tickets willy-nilly and then grovel to the magistrate saying he’ll suffer hardship if he’s banned?

Why stop at six points? Go for the record which is (as far as I know) over 20 points with no licence revocation.

yourhavingalarf:
Can’t he…

Just keep getting speeding tickets willy-nilly and then grovel to the magistrate saying he’ll suffer hardship if he’s banned?

Why stop at six points? Go for the record which is (as far as I know) over 20 points with no licence revocation.

Try this on for size!

google.co.uk/url?sa=t&sourc … yb&ampcf=1

fatboystu1:
Try this on for size!

google.co.uk/url?sa=t&sourc … yb&ampcf=1

Thank you…

Ok, 62 points is the target to beat.