How Quick will I get the answer?

:smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:
Okay having spent a few years driving Scanias but being off the road now for over a year,

Whats the Wattage on the 2 x Hella Sockets

Was it 12v @ 400 watts & 24v @ 800 watts

Or

Was it 24v @ 400 watts & 12v @ 800 watts β– β– ?

Can I hell remember :blush: :blush: :blush:

Clive.Burnet@scania.com

Depends on the year I think Davey. I seem to recall they wattage dropped the newer they got. But I would have thought the 24V would have the higher wattage. Dunno about 800 though :open_mouth: that seems very high

I would guess it would be 10 to 15A FOR THE 12v = 120 TO 180w
and THE 24 10 TO 15a = 240 TO 360w

I’m in the process of having some Hella Adaptors designed and just want to get the wattage right :wink:

Similar to the 4 way outlets for cigarette lighter sockets but for Hella instead as you cant get them in the UK

IMHO 500W (480W = 24V x 20A you could run that in a 3 series ok, standard was 15A, newer stuff is usually worse or less) should cover it, but, the more it can take the better I’d say. If they were capable of easily coping with 500W then they should be able to last well ( unlike some of the rubbish cheapo ones out there) Sounds like they will be good quality, give us a link to them when they’re done.

Cheers

One thing a lot of drivers are saying is that they cannot get extension sockets for the hella, so I’ve asked our manufacturer to design a 4 way hella socket capable of handling upto 800 watts but I need to check that wattage is not too high.

I’ve added into the specifications a thermal cut out fuse for safety, which will auto reset, I reckon it will take about 3 months fr tooling and testing etc so they should be available from around march 2009

Any other suggestions are welcme as its still at design stage
:wink:

Thinking about it and separately from the above. I would like to find a four way power socket with a normal cigarette lighter plug on it that has the same excellent double contacts on it that a Tom Tom power lead has. That should give a very good connection that is much less likely to come loose. Also capable of withstanding high wattage. Some trucks don’t have Hella sockets - Volvo.

DAFMAD:
I would like to find a four way power socket with a normal cigarette lighter plug on it that has the same excellent double contacts on it that a Tom Tom power lead has.

Is that the USB connection?

If so I’m sure they are now available :confused:

I’ll ask my supplier in China

Davey Driver:
Is that the USB connection?

No, its the cigarette power / charging plug.

I’ll try and find a pic

This what I meant, hopefully you can see the double contacts on the side of the plug. That capable of good wattage would be ideal IMHO.

Thanks I understand what you mean now :slight_smile: