How old is Your Driver-seat?

Which Company ever,and no matter how well is looked after the Lorry,but no change on the Driver Seat.
Had one Sunday Night,i would have replaced it with a wooden Box,to seat more comfortable.

Think there’s a few Lutheran churches made a fast buck in the last few years by selling their old knackered pews to Mercedes for use as Axor driver seats :imp: :imp: :imp:

I’ve never carbon dated a seat but if I had to hazard a guess I’d say that the ones I’ve parked me ■■■ on have been the same age as the truck attached to it.

If its uber manky and uncomfortable, solve the problem with a universal waterproof seat cover and a couple of thin seat cushions - its not rocket science. :slight_smile:

One thing that bugs me is when the frame has somehow twisted, and you have to drive the old tub at a slight angle to the pedals and wheel. after a few hours driving you feel as if you`ve been trampled by an elephant.

Do you wonder at it, A new seat will cost in the 1000’s of pounds, a new driver can be as cheap as £6.50 an hour, you do the Maths :unamused:

You can get a really top end seat for around £400.00, say you have to bring in agency cover for your salaried driver is off for a week or two with a ■■■■■■ back because he’s been spending 10hrs+ a day in a pigging Axor.

Do the sum’s, the cost of sick pay plus the cost of the agency cover is a lot more than the cost of a decent seat, especially if it was specced from the get-go. Even the idiot beancounters should be able to work that one out FFS.

chicane:
You can get a really top end seat for around £400.00, say you have to bring in agency cover for your salaried driver is off for a week or two with a [zb] back because he’s been spending 10hrs+ a day in a pigging Axor.

Do the sum’s, the cost of sick pay plus the cost of the agency cover is a lot more than the cost of a decent seat, especially if it was specced from the get-go. Even the idiot beancounters should be able to work that one out FFS.

I’d love to agree with you, but can’t! :open_mouth:

I’m either a cynic or a realist, I’m not sure…

I had the misfortune of driving a rigid Axor last week (im only a lowly van driver :laughing: ) and whoever designed that seat needs stringing up and thrasing severely

Evil8Beezle:

chicane:
You can get a really top end seat for around £400.00, say you have to bring in agency cover for your salaried driver is off for a week or two with a [zb] back because he’s been spending 10hrs+ a day in a pigging Axor.

realist :laughing:

yeah it’s never going to impinge on their tiny minds BUT if they actually thought about it…

Evil8Beezle:

chicane:

Well said :wink:

chicane:

The average haulier would rather pay £400 on a solicitor to get around sick pay, than either pay sick pay or supply a decent seat :unamused:

Ever driven a MAN 7.180? ours didn’t even have air seats. Seat foam was more like concrete. Vile.

I drove an Axor 18 Tonner we had on hire for a bit, I don’t recall anything bad about it. Was an ex-Tesco fleet spec job too. Damned sight better than the Iveco it got swapped for.

Never driven an axor but i had an actros for a week. How did they ruin the axor seat so much? I seem to remember the actros felt like i was sat in a car!!

In my last job the company got told amongst other things, to change the height of the computer monitor (they said buy a monitor stand but we used a ream of paper). They also told them a standard 4 legged chair like we had was not acceptable…it needed to adjust in multiple ways. Also we needed a new desk as there was a drawer on the one we had that meant the chair couldn’t get close enough to it…I also know someone who works for a large company that upon a desk chair complaint will order a new chair at £500 and throw the old one in the skip…apparently its cheaper than having to pay out in the long run.

So with the above in mind…office workers may stand up every so often running paperwork etc. As drivers we may be sat down in the position for up to 4 1/2 hrs at a time so really seats in trucks should be something that are taken into account at a health and safety audits! We have to follow the ■■■■■■■■ made up by everyone else so should work in our favour too :slight_smile: But in reality we all know this h&s is just done on a pick and choose and as and when basis!!