How often do you get a tea made for you

It happened twice in a week,i never knew customers did this anymore,you pull in,before you get out the cab the office lady is asking how many sugars,black or white.I never refuse the hot drink offer,even if you do not want it at the time,or you have just had one down the road.

I used to do a regular deliver of stationery to a posh office block in Solihull. It was a bugger to reverse an 18 tonner into, and there would usually be a couple of hundred kilos of paper etc.

The very attractive young lady in reception would smile sweetly and offer to make the coffee while I took it through the lobby into the store. Anywhere else I would have said politely; “Sorry love - we only deliver to the kerb,” but I fell for it every time:)

Coffee and cleavage is a powerful persuader.

They are only nice to us when they want something, that some drivers would drive off from.

i did a collection the other week from a place near handsworth,new job,first time i’d been.
the firm had given me a contact number as it was a bit awkward to find,i rang the guy when i was on the road in the area i needed,he gave me some directions & then said i’ll get the kettle on,what do want & how do want it?
i arrived 5 mins later,parked up & there was a nice mug of tea waiting for me :smiley:

been back twice since,i rang them when i was an hour so away they could get out all the pallets i’m collecting & by the time i got there the kettle had just boiled :smiley:

I got lost in Europe a few times,who has not?,knowing the load site or unload depot or farm is shut for the night,it is best to park up by the gates for the night,so you have a clean card the next day,once loaded you could rush up to the ferry then.
When i asked a passing car,it always turns out that they are related to the company you are trying to find,and on many times,they ■■■■■■ you to the nearest taverna or bar,where the owner is related to the tip site,and knows the car driver that brought you there,they pay for a meal or a light snack for the chauffeur.

That happened to me last week,i rang the client for a residential area tip,he asked what drink i wanted,and the kettle was on too,i was 5 mins away.We could not get the pallet off,it was made in India,a slab of paving stones,the pallet truck would not fit,so it was hand ball off on to his palllet he had in the garden.

toby1234abc:
I got lost in Europe a few times,who has not?,knowing the load site or unload depot or farm is shut for the night,it is best to park up by the gates for the night,so you have a clean card the next day,once loaded you could rush up to the ferry then.
When i asked a passing car,it always turns out that they are related to the company you are trying to find,and on many times,they ■■■■■■ you to the nearest taverna or bar,where the owner is related to the tip site,and knows the car driver that brought you there,they pay for a meal or a light snack for the chauffeur.

Toby you have several posts about other drivers fiddling to reach Sunbilla and Castets, yet here you are doing the same thing by working off the card to save your hours.

Did you mean take the card out to find the factory at the end of the shift,or get to the area with enough time on the card,rather than start the next day looking for the place.?

Santa:
Coffee and cleavage is a powerful persuader.

I couldn’t agree more :wink:

I got told by the guy interviewing me for my last job that i would get a tea at every place i delivered to. Exaggerating would be a slight understatement, i could probably count the number of times i was offered tea during the 6 months i was there on my 2 hands.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk

Anyone got a little friendly with the female totty in the broom cup board,or has she got in the cab for some bunk action?

In Holland every customer will, without fail, offer you coffee.
Even if you are driving a German registered truck.

Gotta love the Dutch :slight_smile: :slight_smile:

That is true,the haulage boss made me a fine expresso from his 1000 euro machine in the office.

The very odd time its nice to get a cuppa,i know a few of our regular customers are more than happy to always make a cup,epecially on a cold morning early drop off,and a few places we are told bring what ever food you want and work away in a full kitchen to see yourself right for the road,also fill a flask or use fresh chilled spring water or a tip ranging from £2 to £20,you will get it from the everyday normal hardworking folk and when you are least expecting it,rather than the ones who are so ■■■■■■■ in making and saving a fortune to even realise you are there,nice to be nice as humans,oh and its bad when a bit of clevage is worh driving 150 miles to see at weekends in your car when you have already driven 2000 miles that week and going to do simular next week just to see someone you met on the job,lol.

I have tea made for me every morning at 5.00am when I get in by my TM, I only deliver to our own branches and have tea made for me at each one. When I return to the yard as soon as I pull in the gates the kettle is back on, no I’m not dreaming this happens day in, day out, its took years to train them to this level of service and yeh I’d be the first to admit it, I have it cushy. :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

toby1234abc:
Anyone got a little friendly with the female totty in the broom cup board,or has she got in the cab for some bunk action?

:wink: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: before you ask, in the kitchen.
( was when I was younger,fitter and more good looking :confused:

Did it on top of a hill,then two helicopters diverted over from their route to have a look at as on the job.

Delivered to a building site in Peckham a couple of weeks a go site agent say’s open your curtains unstrap the load (80 doors) canteens over there get yourself a breakfast and we will call you when its all unloaded was not arguing great breakfast for 3 quid and off the site all sorted in 45 mins. :sunglasses:

We always had a coffee made for us when we visited the depot in Le Havre, even the route planner who could be a bit of hard work made it for us and the rest of the girls would join in the conversation. It was quite funny because 20 minutes after you left, she would be screaming down the telephone at us :laughing:

My best place for free tea and coffee was whilst working at Ontime Automotive. We used to do a lot of private houses with corporate cars. Mercedes were the normal vehicles and we took away the old company cars to auction.

Part of the service was a customer handover where we had to sit them in the car and show them all the controls and offer a test drive.

Well you try getting a bloke to come for a test drive with you, they know it all anyway, the ladies would always want a demo and then they would always take you back inside the house to sign paperwork and find spare keys.

I have had full breakfasts, tips, showers, and a few nights in the pub with the customers. Why I left that company I will never know.

A married lady offered me the use of her shower while hubbby was out,i had dropped her furniture off near the Gib border,looking back,i should have taken the offer up,as think it was more than a back rub that was on offer.Darn fool i was.

And do you expect any one will belive that son