How often do you check your mirrors …………

Aha it finally played…

The cars behind could of flashed their lights to warn him/her/them…

But…Its my experience nowadays people seem to get agitated when you do that or sound your horn and either just ignore it or get abusive!!

Surely the driver would have noticed the noise of the silo falling off, any noise I’m not familiar with I’m looking to see what’s happening behind me!!

Stephenjp:
Aha it finally played…

The cars behind could of flashed their lights to warn him/her/them…

But…Its my experience nowadays people seem to get agitated when you do that or sound your horn and either just ignore it or get abusive!!

Surely the driver would have noticed the noise of the silo falling off, any noise I’m not familiar with I’m looking to see what’s happening behind me!!

Ah yes as he was frequently checking his mirrors :smiley: And to be fair they probably were

It was terrible driving by the lorry driver.

As for the people following the lorry, they could have used their horns to at least try to warn the lorry driver.
I got the impression that even if they’d had a direct line to the driver they wouldn’t have used it, the people in the camera car were far too excited that they were going to see an accident [emoji34]

Sent from my mobile via Tapatalk.

Do we know the following vehicle wasnt blowing its horn?

The truck driver didnt, it seems hear the branches being snapped off as the load hit trees. As oblivious to sound as to sight it seems. Windows closed on a well insulated truck, music turned up? Even a bit of horn blowing wouldnt have given consciousness to a pot plant.

Ed to add
Plus the possibility that the driv…fool, was wearing earbuds/headphones or whatever.
Not specifically illegal, but another way to avoid contact with reality whilst drivi…sitting in driving seat.

I just don’t get how a driver can go so far without checking mirrors.

Many years ago I ‘lost’ my near side mirrors in a particularly vicious hedge, due to being given the choice of that, or a collision with the oncoming tipper lorry with 20ft wide mirror guards :open_mouth: . I felt like I’d lost an arm. I only had to drive to the nearest Scania dealer, but although I know I check my mirrors regularly, I never realised quite how often until it wasn’t there! Seeing nothing every time I looked was so uncomfortable.

Is it not taught as rigorously as it used to be maybe?

you also want to be sure you keep pulling the trailer, you did not dump it on a ditch past a bend

Jesus Christ how long have you lot been driving lorries , it’s obvious the lads had enough ( most likely of the job ) , he doesn’t care about loads / the job , he’s had enough so is just heading back to the yard , Chuck his kit in the car , here’s the keys & goodbye .
Sometimes your sanity is more important than a job

dozy:
Jesus Christ how long have you lot been driving lorries , it’s obvious the lads had enough ( most likely of the job ) , he doesn’t care about loads / the job , he’s had enough so is just heading back to the yard , Chuck his kit in the car , here’s the keys & goodbye .

I give that attempt a 2/10

Franglais:
Do we know the following vehicle wasnt blowing its horn?

That’s a fair point, I’ve just watched the video again and you’re right you cannot tell if the car behind the lorry blew their horn.

Franglais:
The truck driver didnt, it seems hear the branches being snapped off as the load hit trees. As oblivious to sound as to sight it seems. Windows closed on a well insulated truck, music turned up? Even a bit of horn blowing wouldnt have given consciousness to a pot plant.

You may be right but no-one behind the lorry could know what was going on with the lorry driver so there’s no excuse for not trying,

Franglais:
Ed to add
Plus the possibility that the driv…fool, was wearing earbuds/headphones or whatever.
Not specifically illegal, but another way to avoid contact with reality whilst drivi…sitting in driving seat.

Personally I think it should be illegal for drivers to wear anything that blocks out most of the background noise, I know deaf people are allowed to drive but they don’t have a self inflicted disability whilst drivers deliberately blocking out background noise do.

Sorry, I somehow managed to duplicate the post :blush:

tachograph:
Personally I think it should be illegal for drivers to wear anything that blocks out most of the background noise, I know deaf people are allowed to drive but they don’t have a self inflicted disability whilst drivers deliberately blocking out background noise do.

Absolutely agree.
:smiley:

One my pet hates drivers wearing huge headphones listing to music etc.
With cable dangling down and usually with a phone resting on there knee.
If they have do to an emergency stop. human instinct will be to grab the phone before it falls taking eyes off the road.

What gets me though these days I’d say 90% of cars trucks vans have inbuilt Bluetooth hands free systems. Most of the drivers using mobiles headphones etc are usually traveling alone so why don’t they just spend a few seconds connecting it to the stero then be nice and legal

Cyclists arguably the most vulnerable on the streets have to have their headphones on - I’d ban them outright but then civil liberties yadda yadda.

It’s largely pointless arguing whether the following vehicles should have attempted to or were in fact attempting to warn the WS driver simply because he wasn’t paying any attention whatsoever. I think you could have probably lobbed a lit Molatov cocktail onto his trailer and he’d still have failed to notice it.

the maoster:
It’s largely pointless arguing whether the following vehicles should have attempted to or were in fact attempting to warn the WS driver simply because he wasn’t paying any attention whatsoever. I think you could have probably lobbed a lit Molatov cocktail onto his trailer and he’d still have failed to notice it.

Probably correct.
Possibly a wizard at pinball though.

Yep, that deaf dumb and blind kid sure……….

dozy:

raw empathy expressed from the heart

stu675:
Plenty of opportunities to warn the driver, but no let’s film it for comedy value [emoji28]

Warn the driver? You for real, you can tell the truck driver was clueless, if he had of seen his mirrors, he would have stopped … deserves to be sacked could of killed someone coming the other way…

Tops it off load falls off and he drives on, very secure load not!!

Franglais:

tachograph:

Absolutely agree.

So deaf people shouldn’t be allowed to drive?

switchlogic:

Franglais:

tachograph:

Absolutely agree.

So deaf people shouldn’t be allowed to drive?

Tachograph made that point, already.