How often are you paid?

Weakly

every thursday

This is a bit of an eye opener :open_mouth: I thought everone was paid monthly straight into the bank nowadays. It’s been many years since I was paid weekly with real money :confused:

Fastrantiger:
It’s been many years since I was paid weekly with real money :confused:

My weekly pay isn’t with real money, it goes straight into the bank every Friday.

Monthly been on monthly for the best part of 10-11 years.

weekly
very weakly :smiley:

Weekly - Very Weakly into bank account overnight Wed/Thurs unless there is a bank holiday on the Monday of that week, when they use this as an excuse to pay a day late. When I was union branch secretary and we kicked up about this the Co. said that as long as we were paid before the end of the working week they were doing nothing wrong!

Some of you lot must have some seriously ■■■■ wages if you are moaning …

I’m midlands based and do quite nicely over £500 a week on a salaried job , and last week I booked in 47 hours , and I struggled to put them in …
Struggled meaning “layby” and hoping Lucy doesn’t come rattling on the door …
It is a quiet period for the industry I,m pulling for , but even when it is busy , without layby loving a weeks hours will be about 53 …
Mind you I,m night trunk , days get hammered and get about and always near as ■■■■ it 60 hours a week and get paid less …
They always moan about the night trunks getting more money !!!
I see my missus for 20 minutes every week night , sometimes less than that …
Our ■■■ life is reduced to weekends and not always possible due to our very inqusitive 8 year old son :laughing:
It was less than that 3 years ago when I was away all the time and stopping out :laughing:
The day lads always moan , and always will do .What they don’t appreciate is that we are given more work , due to reduced traffic …
A day man might get Newcastle and back and struggle with traffic …
On nights you get Burton to sheffield , changeover trailer , sheffiled to newcastle , change over trailer , newcastle to sheffield , change over trailer , sheffield to base …A lot more work than they are expected to do …But the roads are dead …

Or one of my favourites , keeps you out of the way from being messed about …

Burton to dunstable , changeover trailer , dunstable to blackburn , change over trailer , blackburn back to base , finished …
You always get a cracking mpg out of that one to put on the league board :laughing:
You could never get that done on a day run …

Yup League tables , and on that burton-dubstable -blackburn-burton run the truck showed 10.7 mpg , on the computer at work It came out as 10.67 mpg …
Still top mpg for that run :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Driver of the year competition ! 4th without even trying :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:
This year I,m going to put a little extra effort in and win it :laughing: :laughing:
Not because I want to win it , I want out of the industry ,but to show the other sorry mother ■■■■■■■ up that blart on about how good they are all the time :laughing: :laughing:

paul@midway:
Our ■■■ life is reduced to weekends

I’d be more than happy with that :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

Fastrantiger:
I’d be more than happy with that :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

so would some of the single unmarried trampers on here :wink:

Wages: Agency … no work no pay, … weekly paid by BACS transfer on the following friday

paul@midway:
I see my missus for 20 minutes every week night

And

paul@midway:
Our ■■■ life is reduced to weekends

Why only weekends? You see her for 20 minutes a day, plenty of time. I suppose the problem is what are you going to do for the other 18 minutes eh? :wink: :stuck_out_tongue: :smiley: :smiley:

I get paid once a week, on a Friday.

I’ve been salaried before. Paid every four weeks (i.e. thirteen times per year) when I worked for Somerfield, and I used to get paid on the 14th of every month (i.e. twelve times per year) when I worked for Alliance & Leicester many moons ago.

Every other job I’ve had it’s been weekly and that’s my preference for this job. It’s the most simple way of doing it from the recipients poit of view - much easier to check overtime has been paid correctly.

If your pay never changes - you get paid the same no matter what hours you do - then I don’t think it matters.

Once a month on the last friday by BACS. Wages calculated to the friday previous.
Needed a job after being out of work with a bad back for ages so negotiated my own deal. I was after the second job as wife got the main one as a manager of a 40+ bedded elderly person care home so, as it is a new company, I am on a guaranteed 13 working days ( mon to fri) per month with extra days over the 13 paid at the same rate. It works out to about a £10 per hour.

Been paid monthly for 14 years now, and it’s what I prefer. All of my outgoings are monthly and it makes budgeting far easier.

Monthly, on the 26th. any overtime calculated to the Friday before this date
Paid straight into bank account and if a bank holiday is a problem then it is paid in earlier rather than later.
All bills are monthly so makes it easier to keep track of the pennies.
It would be easier still if I could get all the bills payable on the same date. i.e. the 1st of the month.

del949:
It would be easier still if I could get all the bills payable on the same date. i.e. the 1st of the month.

Most companies will happily change your payment date if you phone them and explain it fits in better with the day your wages go in the bank. Every one I’ve ever called and ask to change the date has obliged.

Stobarts pay fortnightly into the bank. And i get a quarterly bonus also paid into the bank.

Paid weekly - bank transfer on a Friday

:smiley: I am very pleased with the results, very interesting.

Another myth emerging. Anyone had this ? Employer who either pays monthly or is thinking of or about to start paying monthly, will say - everyone is paying monthly, hardly anyone paying weekly anymore. :unamused: Blah de blah, yada yada